Chapter 61

Vivian's P. O. V:

"Demon Slayer Magic?" I murmur after Keyes explains the type of magic Silver uses, and how his match with Gray was going to be one sided. I realise that it was also the exact same type of magic that froze the entire Sun Village and everyone in it.

"Yes. An ironic skill to possess in an ally," Keyes says. "He became one of the Demon Gates at the behest of the Underworld King in recognition of his might." Keyes holds out his arm and a blast of that mist shoots toward me.

I manage to flip backward out of the way to avoid it.

I say, "If he's really a Demon Slayer, then why is he on Tartaros' side?" I land with my knees bent.

"Perhaps our powers changed his mind," Murmurs Keyes thoughtfully. "Or perhaps he plots against us from within. Regardless, I'm certain the head sovereign had his reasons for recruiting such a man."

I straighten as I face him, getting into my stance with my fists clenched. "Don't worry, Gray! I'll get to you as fast as I can!" I think desperately.

I throw my shield up to protect myself when I'm hit with a wave of that mist.

"Vivian!" Lucy and Juvia shout in concern.

"I have a question for you, requip wielder," Says Keyes. "What is it that you fear most? Losing the one you love, surely?"

I straighten as the wave ceases.

"But what would be worse? To slowly earn his hatred or find yourself abandoned to his indifference? Perhaps the least painful way to lose him would be through death."

"Be silent!" I snap, pointing at the skeletal figure as I straighten. "Your words don't hurt me!"

"Is that a fact?" The skeletal man asks me.

"Gray and I aren't even romantically together. We've been best friends for years! I don't care about him in a romantic way. So, there's no possible way he could ever feel hatred toward me. Besides, I'm in love with someone else, and, let's face it, he's a much better guy than Gray is. So, yes. You might as well save your breath!" I say, a smug look plastered to my face, hands on my hips, not fully understanding why Keyes thinks Gray would hate me.

 You might as well save your breath!" I say, a smug look plastered to my face, hands on my hips, not fully understanding why Keyes thinks Gray would hate me

"You're unaffected," Says Keyes. "My, what a pleasant surprise!"

I throw my shield up to protect myself as Keyes sends another wave of that mist at me.

"What's the matter? Is your resolve beginning to waver?" Keyes questions. I dragged backward slightly. "I see it clearly! Soon enough, your brother will choose to make the same sacrifices his Master did!"