Chapter 71

Vivian's P. O. V:

Back in Rogue's apartment, I sit on the edge of his bed, Rogue beside me. We'd left Malba city earlier than the rest of my teammates so I could tell Rogue the reason he couldn't come on the mission, and to decide if I'll go back to Fairy Tail or not.

When I finish explaining everything, Rogue asks me seriously, "So, the reason you were worried about the job was because of what happened to our future selves?"

I blink my hazel eyes a few times before I nod and reply, "Yes. If we had gone on that mission, I would've been killed after Gray-kun killed Frosch. But, then, Natsu-kun intervened, and took the job request himself. If it weren't for him... our futures would have definitely happened. I just couldn't bear to lose you like that, or Frosch."

Tears well up in my eyes at the thought as I clench my fingers in my skirt.

"But it didn't happen, and Frosch is still here, and so are you."

I smile softly at my mate as I reply, "And I always will be here with you, even if I do go back to Fairy Tail."

I turn my head to smile at the crimson eyed male. He smiles back at me.

I ask, "By the way, Natsu-kun kept saying he'd protect me during the mission, just like he promised you

I ask, "By the way, Natsu-kun kept saying he'd protect me during the mission, just like he promised you. What was the promise?"

Rogue replies, "Just that he'd take over the job and give us all the Jewell, and that he needed you for the job, but he said he'd protect you no matter what and that I shouldn't worry about you. I'm not sure, but it might've had something to do with our future selves."

"Maybe," I murmur, thinking back to how terrified the Dragneel had sounded in the torture cell, right when Gomon was about to lop off my head. That had to be one of the reasons he was so terrified. "Natsu-kun... why did you...?" My thought trails off as I smile to myself.

"I was still worried when the idiot ran away with you," Rogue says, frowning. "How could I not?"

"Oh, Roguey. Natsu-kun protected me amazingly," I say, giggling at my mate's pouty expression. "You know he would never let any harm come to me, promise or not."

"I could've protected you just fine, since I am your mate, but I am glad that Natsu got here when he did," Says Rogue. I giggle again.

Rogue cups my left cheek in his hand, and my eyes flutter closed as we lean in. Our lips meet and we kiss deeply. Rogue sneaks a hand under my tunic and my skin tingles violently. I feel warmth and happiness spread through my body as we kiss, his hand gently rubbing my skin, and Rogue grips my waist with his other hand to tug me closer to him, deepening the kiss.