Chapter 5

Vivian's P. O. V:

The pumpkin mascot calls, "Now, will each team's participant in the Hidden game kindly step forward?"

All the contestants that were chosen step forward, toward the pumpkin mascot.

Chapati says, "There are two questions on everyone's minds. First and foremost, just what kind of game will Hidden be, and, who would you say is the favourite in this mysterious competition?"

Yajima replies, looking back at Chapati, "Mmm. It's safe to say that Rufus of Sabertooth is probably the odds-on favourite. But, Gray From Fairy Tail is a dark horse in the running."

Chapati says, "Let's ask today's special guest, Miss Jenny Realight from Blue Pegasus."

Jenny smiles as she replies, "My fave? I'll be rooting for Eve, of course. He's got this in the bag!"

All the chosen contestants gather around the pumpkin as the crowd cheers. We were all shocked when a city suddenly appears in the centre of the arena, and I stated that it must've taken quite a lot of magic power to be able to accomplish. A million copies of the chosen competitors manifest in the city as well.

The game of Hidden goes like this: Each chosen competitor has to find their opponent and hit them with an attack. If they succeed, then they win a point. There's a catch, though: should the attack hit a clone, then the competitor is immediately sent back to the point they started at, and they lose a point.

The gong goes off, signalling the start of the contest.

I watch as the competitors attempt to find each other. Juvia lost us a point when she hug attacked a Gray, but he turned out to be a clone. I get worried and frustrated whenever that Nalpudding guy continually goes after Gray and Juvia. Why the heck does he keep going after our guild mates, but no one else?!!!

I pause when I notice something. Where in Earthland is Rufus? We haven't seen him in awhile...

When Gray and Juvia end up facing each other, the water mage explains the reason we're competing is because of the deal Master Makarov made us: if Team B wins, then we get to make the members of Team A do whatever we want for a whole entire day.

I give Erza and Natsu a devious grin. I hope I get to do it to either one of them! If not, both!

Nalpudding ended up taking out both Gray and Juvia, making me glare hatefully at him. What's his deal?!

In the end, Rufus Lore wins the match with this awesome spell, Memory Make: Night of Shooting Stars, and took out all of the other competitors. Even Juvia got hit, as the doll revolves around the element of lightning. Our team ended up with 1 point and we care in 7th place.

Team A got zero points and came in last place.

The crowd boos and laughs at us, saying our time is over. Gray's eyes are hidden by his bangs with a dark look on his face, as he walks past his team. Juvia mutters a "Sorry" as she walks past us with her head bowed as well.

I give her a soft look as I murmur, "Juvia-chan..."

After the game of Hidden, we all go to our respective team's balconies.

Chapati announces the first battle match, "And, now, for the moment you've all been waiting for; the battle portion! First up is Fairy Tail Team A's Lucy Heartfilia, VS Raven Tail's Flare Corona!!"

I sit at the back of the stand and read my book, knowing that Lucy will do great. When the match ended, Flare emerged victorious, though I knew she only managed to because she would've had outside help. When she was defeated, Natsu went down to comfort Lucy, saying something like how zero points would make a great comeback, then he carried her to the infirmary.