Chapter 17

Vivian's P. O. V:

All the guilds gather before the king of Fiore in the Lei Ling Crystal Plaza.

I've requipped into a long sleeved black, red and white tunic with red pants and red, white and black boots that stop a little above my ankles

I've requipped into a long sleeved black, red and white tunic with red pants and red, white and black boots that stop a little above my ankles. On my hands are wrist length white gloves. My wounds have been bandaged since we'd gathered here.

 My wounds have been bandaged since we'd gathered here

The king is a short man with grey hair and moustache. He stands on a platform before the crystal, a solemn look on his face. "Thank you all for coming! I hate the mood after the splendid display of wizardry we've seen today, but, I'm afraid Fiore's heart may soon be in the claws of a dragon horde."

Makarov says in surprise, "I thought Acnologia was the only one."

"The last time we fought one of them, we lost seven years of our lives," Cana reminds us.

"That was a special case, but, still," Lisanna says.

Cana says, "We can't take on an entire horde."

The king continues, "As we speak, a large scale counteroffensive is underway at the castle: the Eclipse Cannon! We will use it to wipe out the attacking dragons. All 10, 000 of them at once!"

Murmurs ripple through the crowd at that.

"All of them at once? I wonder how the hell they expect to pull that off," Cana questions.

"I can sense your concern," Toma says. "Regrettably given the sheer number of the dragons' forces, we expect that at most, a few hundred will survive the attack."

Makarov murmurs, his arms crossed, "Yes. I would assume so."

"So, I employ you guild wizards, please lend Fiore your assistance in dealing with this crisis! You are the best hope we have for slaying any dragons the Eclipse cannot." Toma bows his head as he adds, "I beg of you, don't let this kingdom fall into ruin!"