Chapter 27

Vivian's P. O. V:

I was gazing at the S-class board on the Second Floor in the guild hall as my teammates sit at a table, Natsu and Gray fighting as usual, as we chat, eat and drink, laughter spilling out from the other members who are staying back late as the sun has gone down.

My hazel eyes light up as a particular job request catches my eye and I peel it off the board before I jog down the stairs to where my teammates are sitting.

"Hey, guys. You wanna go in a job with me?" I ask, standing in front of Erza, Lucy, Charlele, Happy and Wendy, who's reading a book on medicinal herbs, causing them to look up.

"What kind of job, Viv?" Asks Lucy curiously.

I hold up the flier as I say, "An S-class job! I've been eyeing this one for awhile, but haven't had anyone to go on it with me."

Erza reads aloud as Gray and Natsu come over out of curiosity, ""Job Description: Retrieve the Crystallite. Location: Kyoshi Island. Requester: Hajime Fukui, the village chief. For the past year, our island has been attacked by a woman known as Neridah and three mercenaries from the Northern Wolves guild as Neridah has found our sacred Crystallite, a type of Holder Magic. I need a team of wizards to retrieve the Crystallite from the woman known as Neridah, and return it safely to me. Reward if succeeded: 2,067,000 Jewels."

Everyone gapes at the reward money, and I could practically see money signs appearing in Lucy's eyes as she squeals happily.

"We should totally do it! That much money could set me up for a good while with my rent!" Lucy squeals, money signs in her eyes as she clasps her hands together.

Happy teases, "Whoa, Lucy's starting to go crazy!"

"Hush, Tomcat," Charlele says.

Erza muses, ""The Northern Wolves..." They're a mercenary guild located in Fiore. They're pretty well known."

"Whoa! That much for just some crystal?" Exclaims Natsu.

"It's not just any crystal," Makarov cuts in, causing us to turn to him as he perches on the bar counter, a mug of alcohol in his hand. "It's actually a Lost Magic, worth about three gold mines."

"It's a Lost Magic?" Lucy echoes as we go up to him. Makarov nods his head.

"Though I'm afraid I can't tell you much more about it as it was sealed away in the temple on Kyoshi Island long ago. How this Neridah woman found it is beyond me."

"They must've had a mage who specialises in seal breaking," I muse, tapping a finger to my chin, before I hold it up. "Like that Kageyama guy, from Eisenwald!"

"It's definitely possible," Makarov agrees.

"So, can we take the job?" I ask eagerly.

"If you're all willing to go as a team..."

"Yeah, I'm up for it," Says Gray, smirking.

Natsu grins, clenching a fist. "Heh! You can count me in!"

Lucy adds enthusiastically, "I'll go! We can get the money for rent!"

The others chime their agreement and Makarov nods his head in acceptance. "Very well. You may take the job request. Just be careful."

"We will, Gramps!" I say as Mira signs us off.

"Good luck, guys!" The Takeover mage calls as we leave.

"We'll meet at the train station to head for Hargeon in half an hour," I tell my teammates. They agree and we split off to our respective homes to prepare for the job.