Chapter 35

Third Person's P. O. V:

Vivian runs further into the temple with only Lucy, Natsu, Wendy, Charlele and Happy now.

The only two left were Liana and Neridah.

"It looks like it's just us you guys," The Dragneel says, though he was grinning. "Heheheh! I can't wait for our turn!"

"We'll just have to do our best to beat Liana," Says Wendy. Happy nods his head in agreement.

"I know you guys can handle her. I have faith in you," Vivian tells them, smiling to herself. She knows all her friends will beat their opponents and meet up with her later.

Vivian's friends never fail her.

A shadow moves in front of the brunette, and she jumps back. The others notice and jump back also, just in time to avoid three black arrows being flung at them. The arrows stuck into the floor.

Landing in a crouch, Vivian glares up at the black haired woman, standing on her tail arrow, three more hovering around her. She has a twisted grin on her lips.

"We meet again, Valkyrie," Liana greets. "I'm sorry, but this is as far as you go."

Vivian straightens up and meets Liana's gaze unwaveringly. With a flick of her wrist, Liana sends the three arrows flying for the Fairy Tail wizards. Vivian requips her rapier and deflects one of them with a single swipe of her sword. It embeds into the floor while one arrow grazes Natsu's arm because he was too slow to move, but the other girls manage to evade the last one.

Liana smirks, happy at least one of her arrows got them. "You remember what my arrows do when they hit you, do you?" She asks. Vivian gasps as she whips her head around to the Fire Dragon Slayer, who is clutching his bleeding left arm.

"Oh, no, Natsu!" Happy and Lucy exclaims worriedly.

Vivian scowls, turning back to the ravenette, only for an Arrow Blade to come flying for her. Vivian couldn't move in time as it wraps tightly around her.

Liana laughs.

"Why you...!" Natsu growls. He cups his hand around his mouth. "Fire Dragon Roooaaarrr!!" Flames burst from Natsu's mouth at Liana. She sees the attack coming and dodges it.

"Arrow Circus!" Liana calls, holding up her arms. Arrows shoot from her back towards Natsu, Lucy, Vivian, Wendy and the cats, forming a dome of arrows to pierce them.

"Sky Dragon: Wing Attack!" Wendy calls, throwing out her arms. Wind bursts outward and blows the attack away. Liana scowls.

"You're really irritating me, little girl! Arrow Blade!" Liana sends a blade towards the Marvell.

"Wendy!" Vivian cries worriedly.

Natsu blurs in front of Wendy and knocks the arrow aside with his fist covered in flame. "Fire Dragon: Iron Fist!" The blade clatters to the floor. Natsu smirks at the Arrow Piercer user.

Lucy holds out a gold key as she calls, "Open, Gate of the Giant Crab, Cancer!" With a flare of light, Cancer appears, clicking his pincers.

"Ooh, yeah, baby!" Cancer says.

"I need you to cut Vivian loose, Cancer," Lucy tells him, pointing to the Knight.

"Just leave it to me, baby!" Cancer says before turning to Vivian. With a few swipes of his large scissors, Cancer has cut Vivian free.

She throws him and the Heartfilia a grateful smile, saying, "Thanks, you two!"

"You won't get away!" Liana screams, firing three arrows at Vivian who stares back, not able to move fast enough.

"Fire Dragon Roar!" The arrows were burned away by Natsu's breath attack. Vivian blinks her hazel eyes and swivels her head to the pinkette, now standing beside her with knees slightly bent. He shifts his tan coloured eyes to the Requip Magic user. "Get going!"

"We've got this!" Lucy assures Vivian.

Vivian nods her head and starts taking off for the corridor leading to the Crystallite chamber.

"You're not going anywhere!" Liana screams as she sends an Arrow Blade soaring for the brunette's back.

Time seems to slow before Natsu blurs behind Vivian and swings his flame covered fist towards the attack. "Fire Dragon Iron Fist!" Natsu knocks the arrow aside and smirks at Liana who scowls in return, facial expression dark.

"Sorry, but if you want her, you're going to have to go through me!" Natsu challenges, punching his palm which causes flames to curl outward briefly.

"Thank you, my friend," Thinks Vivian gratefully as she continues towards the Crystallite chamber on her own, feeling her resolve harden.