Chapter 49, Filler, Showdown! Vivian VS Erza!

I've gone back and edited the ending of Chapter 48!!

Vivian's P. O. V:

We make it back home in three days and I give my report to Makarov. Laxus was sitting at the counter and Gajeel was at a stool behind me, Lily on the counter with Happy and Charlele. The whole guild was silent as I'd given the report.

"I see," Murmurs Makarov. "Well, I hope you know there's nothing I can do for your friend, Viv. He's in the hands of the Magic Council now to pay for his crimes."

"I know," I murmur.

"I'd heard he's been given a life sentence," Laxus speaks up, causing me to jerk my head to him. "He's lucky. Otherwise he would've—"

"Laxus," Mira cuts in sharply, sending the Lightning Dragon Slayer a warning look.

"I'm glad," I say.

"Err," Sting speaks up, gaining our attention. "Rogue and I should be getting back."

I nod as I turn to them and say gratefully, "Thanks for your help."

"Anything for you, Viv-chan," Says Rogue, smiling softly at me. "Do you want me to stay with you for awhile?"

I shake my head as I reply, "No, thank you, Roguey. I'll see you guys off at the train station."

"Alright. But just call me if you need anything," Rogue offers to which I nod again.

I pause as I remember his cape. "Oh, here." I hold out my hands and requip Rogue's cape into them. He blinks before smiling as I hand the cape back to him. "Thanks again for this, by the way."

I blush at the memory as Rogue's accepts his cape and says, putting it back over his shoulders, "Anytime, Viv-chan."

Mira wanted to sing a song for me and my friends and we all sit down as the lights dim. The curtains on stage open and the spotlight is on Mira. She sits on a stool while strumming a guitar and singing the same song when we got back from the Tower of Heaven seven years ago.

I walk out with the Twin Dragon Slayers to the train station, my hands clasped in Rogue's. We stop on the train platform and turn to each other. "I'll see you soon."

I nod my head. I lean on my tiptoes to kiss his cheek, just as the conductor calls for the train to their town.

"Let's go, Rogue," Sting calls, waving. "See ya, Viv-chan!"

I wave back as Rogue follows Sting onto the train with Frosch and Lector.

I watch the train pull out of Magnolia Station before I let out a depressed sigh and return to the guild hall.

                    🗡🗡🗡

When my alarm clock goes off, I turn it off and sit up in bed. I run the sleep from my eyes as morning sunlight pours in through my window. It's been almost a week since we got back from Gardenia Town, and I've started to feel like myself again.

I drag myself out of bed and head into the bathroom further up the hall to shower and wash my hair. Once I was finished, I requip into the sleeveless pink shirt and black skirt I wore that night in Crocus, tying some of my hair into a small ponytail while leaving the rest loose.

 Once I was finished, I requip into the sleeveless pink shirt and black skirt I wore that night in Crocus, tying some of my hair into a small ponytail while leaving the rest loose