Chapter 37

Vivian's P. O. V:

With my hazel eyes wide, I jump back to avoid an attack from Neridah. She pursues me, repeatedly swinging her fists for my face.

"Neridah! Pull yourself together," I urge her, dodging another blow to my face. She can't seem to hear me.

Lightning is shot out at me. Gasping, I barely manage to dodge it.

"Valkyrie Sword Magic: Shooting Star!" I launch towards Neridah while thrusting my sword towards her. As I near Neridah, she kicks me in the stomach and I'm sent sailing across the room.

I hit the floor with a cry of pain.

I lean up on my elbows, just as Neridah suddenly looms above me, fist filled with lightning as she pulls it back.

I roll out of the way just in time as she thrusts it at me. It slams into the floor. As I come up on my knees, the lightning races towards me as Neridah sends it outward.

I scream as I'm hit with electricity. When the attack dies down, I slump forward with a groan of pain.

Seeming satisfied I'm unable to move, Neridah whirls around and races for the exit.

I gasp, gazing after her as I struggle to stand. She must be heading for the village! I have to stop her!

I fight past the pain and grip my rapier as I get to my feet. Then I run as best I could after Neridah. I hear a scream if agony and hurry in that direction.

I soon come upon Natsu, Lucy and Loke, Cancer having been sent back, and a gravely wounded Liana lying against the wall with blood leaking from her right shoulder. Wendy is kneeling beside the ravenette, doing everything she can to heal her.

"What happened?!" I exclaim as I go over, causing them to turn.

"It was Neridah," Lucy says. I gasp as I shift my gaze to Liana.

"I don't know what was up with her, but when she appeared, Neridah started attacking us," Natsu explains, his left arm bleeding. "She tried to attack Lucy but I got in the way." Here, he gestures to his injured arm. "Then she turned on her own comrade for some reason."

"It's because she's been overusing the Crystallite," I explain. "She's taken on he Berserk form, which causes her to lose sight of who's friend and foe. Is Liana going to be alright?" We glance at Wendy, the mint green aura around her hands.

It son fades and she shakes her head sadly. "The wound's far too deep. I'm afraid there's nothing I can do," She says helplessly. "And, Liana's gone now."

Natsu, Lucy, Happy, Charlele and I stare at the Arrow Pierce user in shock. Neridah actually killed her own comrade...

"Wendy, tend to Natsu's wound. We'll bury Liana later," I instruct, causing the bluenette to nod her head.

"What are you going to do?" Loke questions.

"I'm going after Neridah," I say as I turn the other way. "I'm worried about Gray and Erza. Catch up when you're ready."

They agree and I take off down the corridor, making a turn in the direction of the ice wizard. I skid to a halt a few moments later upon seeing Gray holding up an ice shield before Neridah, Rei staring in fear beside him.

Rei no longer looks like me. She has pink hair and green eyes.

"What the hell is going on?! She's gone crazy!" Gray says.

"This is what happens when she overuses them Crystallite," Rei explains. "She'll attack the both of us."

Gray takes down his shield to thrust his hand forward. "Ice Make: Crescent Blades!" Crescent blades of ice are shot at the auburn haired woman.