Chapter 16

Vivian's P. O. V:

I look up from Rogue's chest as I hear an explosion in the sky, and I see a white, smokey Sabertooth crest, almost like a signal. By now, the sky has darkened, and a full moon is out, with stars spangled all around it. Rogue looks up and follows my gaze.

"I'm ready, Fairy Tail! Let's go! Come and get me!" Sting's voice shouts.

I sigh as I look at Rogue. His crimson orbs are soft as he gazes back at me, worry glimmering in his eyes. "It looks like it's time," I whisper. "Gajeel and I have to face Sting."

"I know you'll succeed, Vivian," Rogue murmurs.

"How can you be so sure? My teammates and I are all injured, and Sting isn't. I haven't seen him move all day, until now," I say uncertainly.

"Because I believe in you, Vivian," Rogue says as he cups my chin in his hand, tilting my head up. I hear Gajeel stand up as Rogue leans in and kisses me on my lips, though not nearly as passionate as before. The kiss this time was more gentle. We pull away and Rogue says as he smiles at me, "I'll see you after the games."

I blush at that, as well as from the kiss. I give Rogue a quick hug and give Frosch a quick hug too before Gajeel comes over and helps me to my feet.
"Good luck, Viv-chan," Rogue tells me.

Frosch grins widely at me as he says, "You can do it, Viv-chan!"

I smile back at the two as I reply, "Thanks."

Gajeel and I leave to head for the rendezvous point.

"So, you and Rogue. How long have you two been dating?" Gajeel asks, smirking at me.

"Eh?! Wh-Why would you just suddenly ask me that out of the blue?!" I splutter in surprise.

"Just out of curiosity," Gajeel replies, smirking.

I sigh as I say, "Only the past week, though we've met three months ago, and we've had a few run-ins since. He even saw me in my bikini one time."

"Oh? Geehee!" Gajeel snickers, making me blush.

"I-It wasn't like that, dumbass! I was just training for the Grand Magic Games," I huff indignantly, resisting the urge to hit him.

We soon reach the plaza area where Sting is waiting for us, a blank look on his face. Oh, Sting-kun... I really wanted to tell him about Lector but we had to deal with this first.

Erza has a wooden walking stick and she looks like she's had a hell of a time with Kagura, and Gray is looking no better. Gray, Erza, Laxus, Gajeel and I stand next to each other in a line as Sting stands before us.

"Now, there's a sight," Sting says, smirking. "It's weird, being surrounded by heroes from my childhood really isn't all that grand."

"Enough chit chat. We didn't come out here to make pals," Gajeel responds bluntly.

Gray offers, "We'll fight you one on one. Pick somebody."

"Why not all at once? With those injuries one on one will be boring," Sting asks confidently.

I state firmly as I take a step forward, out from under Gajeel's arm, "Do not underestimate us! Ask your comrades."

Sting puts his hands on his hips as he replies cockily, "Wouldn't dream of it! I'm trying to treat you with the respect you deserve!" Sting clenches his fists as he adds, "That's why I'll destroy you altogether! I've been waiting for this moment; I'll show you how strong I've become! I'll do it for Lector!"

"Oh yeah?" Gray mutters.

"You wanna fight is by yourself?" Laxus demands to know. "Are you serious?"

"'Course I am! I'm more than a match for you!" Sting clenches his fist again as he adds fiercely, "Losing Lector brought me pain but it also granted me new power! For Lector—for my best friend—I'm gonna beat you and win it all!"