Chapter 31

Third Person's P. O. V:

Happy continues to watch Vivian push against the slab of concrete, her arms visibly shaking. He doesn't know how much longer she can hold out for, and her wounds aren't helping either.

"Come on," Happy urges, feeling tears prick his eyes before running down his cheeks as he presses his paws to them. "Hang in there."

The rubble shifts but it tilts downward, forcing Vivian onto her left knee with a cry of exhaustion

The rubble shifts but it tilts downward, forcing Vivian onto her left knee with a cry of exhaustion. Happy and the family gasp fearfully. The blue Exceed rushes up to Vivian but doesn't put his paws on her.

"Viv!" He says worriedly.

"I-I'm okay," Vivian pants, raising her head. "I-I can keep this up all day. Th-This is nothing!" She smirks to herself but Happy knows she won't hold out for much longer.

                        🗡🗡🗡

Vivian pushes at the rubble once again. The little girl behind her says, "You can do it, pretty lady!"

It was all the encouragement Vivian needs. With a loud cry of exertion, she shoves the slab of concrete off and there's a boom as it hits the ground. The villagers and Happy cheer, the Exceed jumping up and down while cry-laughing.

"And that's why Viv-chan's the second strongest female wizard in Fairy Tail!" Happy says. He gasps worriedly as Vivian drops to both knees, shield clattering against the ground as she breathes heavily.

Happy runs over to her, says, "Oh, no! Are you okay?!"

Vivian gives him an assuring smile as she says, "I'll be fine, Happy. Really. I just need to catch my breath."

Happy says cheekily, "Of course I didn't doubt you for a minute!"

Vivian deadpans at him. She mutters, "Why do I feel like you did?" Happy giggles innocently.

Logan runs over to meet his family and embraces them, crying joyously. "I'm so glad you're all okay!" He says.

The woman tells him as she turns to the Fairy Tail wizard, "It was all thanks to that young girl there. She saved us."

"She was totally cool!" The little boy exclaims as his sister nods her head in agreement.

"You damn brat!" Neridah snaps, gaining Vivian's attention. "You shouldn't have interfered! I thought the Northern Wolves were dealing with Yu and your teammates?"

"Sorry. I knew something was wrong so Happy brought me here," Vivian tells her, smiling meanly. "My friends are handling your minions at the moment."

"Uuurrgghh!" Neridah gives a cry of rage and focuses the Crystallite. "Open: Gate of the Lion: Leo!"

"What'd she say?!" Happy and Vivian exclaim in unison, their eyes wide.

Neridah smirks as Loke appears in a flare of light. He blinks his eyes in surprise. "What am I doing here?" Loke gasps once he takes in the state of the village and Vivian. "Viv?!"