When lightning strikes

Asgard 1200 ad

You slowly wander through the gardens of the palace looking for the perfect place to hide. You seek shelter behind a bush as you hold your breath. When suddenly you feel a tap on your shoulder.

"I found you" Loki chuckles as he quickly runs away. You get on your feet following him through the garden. You've always enjoyed playing with the princes. They didn't seem to care about who you were, nothing but a simple maid's daughter. You're too consumed by the thrill of the game you don't notice the woman standing in front of you until you collide with her. As you look up your eyes are met by the queen. You quickly get upon your feet bowing in front of her. As Loki and Thor come out from their hiding.

"My queen I am terribly sorry" you mutter not daring to look up at her eyes.

"My sweet child. I think I've known you for far too long now. You can call me Frigga dear" she smiles kindly, as she lifts you from the ground. Holding your hand.

Thor and Loki race to you, as they stand behind their mother. "We were only playing mother" Thor grins.

"Can We please play a little longer?" Lokis asks. "Pretty please mother" he pleads.

Frigga grins kindly "Well go ahead then" she gestures for you to play along. You rush towards Thor catching him before he can run off again.

Odín walks out grabbing a hold of Frigga's Hand. She admires you as you play. The bond you had with the princes was unlike any other. And she adores you deeply for loving them equally as she did.

"Our sons seem to be quite taken by her" she chuckles..

"Indeed they are," he says questioningly..

You and the boys play every day till the sun sets. Growing up in the castle alongside royalties, imaging you're a princess roaming the golden halls. And although years passed you didn't waste a moment in their presence enjoying every encounter with the loving princes. You imagined someday you'd marry one of them. Become a true princess.

Asgard 1940 ad

It seems as though time only made the three of you closer. From playing in the garden when you were kids to racing on horses. Stealing moments alone with them as often as you can. But your duties as a maid for the king made it quite difficult. As time went on the three of you stopped being together as much, and your meetings with the princes became more personal, spending time with them on your own. Always without the other brother. It seemed as though your affection for both of the princes only grew stronger as the days went by.

Loki would often take you to the library to read old stories to you. Leaving books in your room with small notes, and highlighted parts in the book that reminded him of you. You clearly remember the first time he kissed you, sitting under the stars reading you a poem he had written about you. He made you feel special, and with him, every day was an adventure. It was passionate and daring.

Thor was something else entirely, you never for a moment sat still with that boy, going on long walks in the forest. Swimming in the lakes past midnight. Stealing food from the kitchen while the cooks ate lunch. They were both equally good to you, and equally jealous of the other. You knew one day you'd have to make a choice, it's not fair to them for you to love both of them. But love them you did, with every fibre in your body. In ways, you could not understand at such a young age.