The right path

You walk through the palace cuffed together by your hands and feet.. You're even starting to feel like a criminal. This is what he wants, to break you down get you to leave Asgard for good. But he did something to your parents and you were gonna find out why.. Find out what he was so scared of he couldn't stand having you in the same room as his sons.

"Y/n Idunndottir rise" bellows Odín.

You cast a glance up at him, now is time you put on the best show you've ever done. There can be no mistakes here. This is your shot.

"All father" you bow you head down.

"Speak child" he demands.

"I stand before you today, begging you to let me have a cell as far away from Loki. I want nothing from him or his brother." You say as calmly as you can,

"What caused that change of heart?" Odin questions.

"I have learned the truth about my place in this realm, I want nothing to do with your family ever again. I simply want to return to my mother -"

Odin raises his hand, you stand in silence as he thinks deeply about his words.

"I offer you a choice"

"A choice?" You asks softly.

"You may remain here, on Asgard. Returning home to your mother" Odin explains. "Or you can return down to Midgard"

You look up at him, raising your brow. Something is off about this. He would never let you stay here on Asgard without any form of sentence or consequence.

"What are the terms?"

"If you stay on Midgard, your memory of Asgard will be taken. You will have no memory of the princes or your life here" Odin says coldly. "If you decide to stay here on Asgard you will live with your mother in peace, never to go to the palace again, you will never see the princes again. You'll never be allowed to interfere with the people of Midgard."

Your expression shifts from confusion to pure horror. You knew something was wrong. But this was not a choice this was your punishment. Either forget about your life, or never see the people you love again.

"So which is it child?" Odin asks, after a long period of silence.

"I Dont know" you blurt out. Looking up at him with teary eyes.

"I will give you five days to make your decision. Until then you will stay in the prison I've put you in"

You bow you head as the guards pull you away. You feel your heart sink down to you stomach. This wasn't exactly what you had expected to happen.

"Wait" you call out.

Odin stands up looking down at you with anger filled eyes.

"I don't want to spend my last days at the palace in a prison cell. Please have mercy on me. I am only still young. Im begging you all father, allow me to spend just a final moment here?" You whimper quietly. Your lips quivering as you speak. "This was once my home.. as much as it is yours"

"Fine, get out.. you now have till the next sunrise to make your decision"

You try to hide you smile as you get led away down to your room. You lift up your arms, smiling gesturing for them to remove the cuffs. As soon as you're alone, you walk around you notice is the exact same room you had when you lived here. Nothing much had changed.

The ultimatum you had been offered with was not something you could just choose. The thought of never seeing the princes again, would break you heart just as much as never being with the Avengers again. You'd never dance till the sun came up with Natasha, no more missions with Clint. Never get a chance to prove to Tony he could trust you. Never get a second dance with Steve.