Endings beginings

"I can't believe you brought me back" Natasha smiles softly as she dries away a tear from her cheek.

You had used all night telling her about everything that happened after she died.. And how you figured out how to bring her back.

"I guess I just couldn't move one" you chuckle lightly.

"So it's your turn now then?" She asks gently, as she holds onto your hand, tilting her head softly.

"I never really thought that far ahead" you shrug. "I spend so many years trying to ensure everyone would get their happy ending. Never once did I think I would ever stand a chance at one"

"And now?"

"Now I think I really want to go home.." you say softly. "I want to go back to Asgard, start the life me and Loki always talked about" you smile.

"What's stopping you?"

You take a deep breath. "What about you and Clint?.. and Tony?.."

"We'll be fine y/n.. okay?" Natasha assures you, squeezing you hand tightly. "And it's not like we're not gonna see each other again. You're my best friend"

You rest your forehead against hers, closing your eyes as you just let yourself sink into the feeling of relief. "Promise me you'll take care of yourself" you whisper.

"I promise"

You nod your head, pulling back, looking deeply into her eyes, as you just stay in this moment for just a bit longer.

"What are you two talking about?" Tony asks, as he walks into the kitchen.

Natasha looks at you. Telling him you were leaving is gonna be the most difficult. You spend almost three years with him.

"Y/n?" Tony says quietly.

"I'll give you a minute" Natasha says, walking upstairs.

Tony sits down waiting for you to explain what the hell is going on.

"So I've been thinking a lot, and seeing Steve like that I just-"

"You're going home?" Tony asks softly.

"Yeah" you sigh sadly. "I think it's time for me to go home" you exhale sharply trying to hold back your tears. Tony shrugs clenching his lips together. "It just feels like it's time you know? I spend so much time trying to give everyone a life that I could never have.. and now" you trail off.

"It's okay y/n you don't have to explain yourself to me.. I get it" Tony smiles, he gets up and sits down beside you wrapping his arm around you, as you let your head rest on his shoulder. "I told you to get a life.. It's all I've ever wanted for you"

"I'm gonna miss you so much" you sob quietly.

"You're not dying stupid.. I'm gonna see you again" Tony chuckles, wiping away the tears.

"I know.. it's just feels like an end of an era" you sigh. "After everything the two of us went through.. it's just gonna be hard leaving this house" you say as you look around, seeing all the memories float through your mind. Of you and Tony watching movies on the couch, cooking dinner in the kitchen when you couldn't sleep. Dancing around the living room for hours on end.

"You know what's great about endings?"

You shake you head softly.

"It means something new is beginning" Tony whispers.

You smile broadly as you wipe away your tears. "That was really good" you chuckle.

"I know right!"

"I am really gonna miss you Tony"