The downfall of the avengers

You arrive at government facility in Berlin. There's armed guards everywhere. Tony is already trying to figure out exactly what went wrong. And to clear their names of any charges. You and Natasha see your window to find Steve.

You run through practically every inch of the facility. And there you see him.. walking with his head low. He is walking towards Tony who's on the phone with the press..

You walk up behind him. "Steve?"

He turns around as he hears your voice. A small smile lingers on his lips. You walk towards him. When one of he guards steps in front of you. Natasha nods her head, signaling for the guards to let you pass.

You wrap your wants around him. "What did you do?" You whisper.

"I just tried to help him" he whispers back.

"Yeah of course there will be consequences.. yes you can quote me on that because I just said it" Tony hisses into his phone, before he hangs up.

"Consequences?" Steve asks. You let go og him taking a step back.

"Yeah secretary Ross wants you both prosecuted. Had to give him something" Tony says to Steve and Sam.

"I'm not getting that shield back am I?" Steve asks.

"Technically it's the governments property" Natasha, says as she grabs you hand.

"Yeah and wings too" you add. Before following after her and Tony.

"That's cold.." Sam sighs.

"It's warmer than Jail" Tony calls out mockingly.

You walk into a big room, with screens all over the walls. On one of the screens you can see a live recording of Bucky..

"Let me go and talk to him" you say. "He'll listen to me" you assure them.

"He won't listen" Tony sighs. Shaking his head.

It clear to you that tony has tried so many times to talk sense into him.. but that's not exactly what you plan on doing. You know he'll never sign.. but he needs help before he makes things worse than they already are.

"It's worth a try"

Tony nods his head, showing you to the office they've been kept in. It's a lot better than prisons cells. But it's not right.

"Hey stranger" you smile.. "quite a mess you've made around here" you sit down in a chair, Steve stands with his back turned to you. Looking out over the city.

"I didn't know you were back" he scoffs.

"I just came back today.. not really what I remember leaving"

"Tony told you huh?" He sighs, turning around, resting against the window with his arms crossed. He looks you dead in the eyes with so much regret and hurt.

"Yeah, and Nat filled in the blanks.. why can't you just sign it Steve?" You ask desperately, you knew it would be easier that way.. but he's Steve so if he's made up his mind there's no way to change it.

"I just can't y/n"

"Just because it's the path of least resistance, doesn't mean it's the wrong path.. it's more important that we stay together than how we do it.. we're a family Steve" you say, reaching out for his hand. But he doesn't take it.

"What are we giving up to do it?"

"I just can't stand watching you and Tony fight.. it's not going to end well.." you say.. you can't help the bad feeling in your stomach. If you could just take his hand, and see what it is he truly wants.. maybe a snippet of the outcome. But he seems distant with you.