The untold truth

It's been weeks and there's nothing new happening. Loki doesn't even speak to you, he remains silent In his bedroom. You bring him clean clothes, new books and food. Sitting down on the floor telling him stories and although he doesn't react you know he's listening.

You've been roaming back and forth outside his room, terrified to go inside, there's been no progress whatsoever, but you can't get over the fact that somewhere deep inside, there's a man in pain.

You open the door, laying out some food on his table. He has barely touched the food you brought him yesterday. You've decided to eat dinner with him today, even thought it's not exactly with him it's better than nothing. You read poems from a new book you bought last week. You turn you head as you feel his presence, he's leaning against the doorframe to the bedroom. He's a mess.

You smile as you continue to read out loud. Hoping that he'll join you for dinner. But he remains quiet.

"You're efforts are useless" Loki says quietly. His voice is broken and mellow.

"I got you to say something.. then it's not all in vain" you smile softly. You walk towards him. He stands completely still looking down at you.

"Leave me be" he demands.

You reach out your hand, waiting for him to reject your touch. "I just want to talk"

"Talk then" he scoffs, as he gestures for you to move on.

You grab two chairs sitting down, hoping he'll sit down with you. "You are my oldest friend, I know you.. and this isn't you" you shake your head.

"Perhaps you didn't know the real me" Loki growls

"I think I did.." you assure him. "I know you're lost, I also know you love me, else you wouldn't let me see the real you" you smile softly.

"How do you know this isn't exactly what I want you to see" he scoffs.

"As I said before I know you.. this isn't an illusion"

Loki closes his eyes, as he sits down In front of you, he can't even look you in the eyes. His gaze is locked down at the ground. "What do you want to know?"

"Everything.. I need to know everything" you say quietly.

"Very well" Loki smirks. "Ask away then"

You try to figure out exactly what to say to him. What to ask him.. there's no good place to start. But there's one thing you couldn't let go off. "I remember you telling Coulson.." you trail off, the haunting image of his dead body on the floor stuck in your mind. "You told him I was.."

"The goddess of beauty and desire" Loki chuckles darkly.

"Yes"

"Doesn't it all make sense now?" He questions, his voice sending shivers down your spine. "Why all these Mortals can't seem to get you out of their head" Loki grins satisfied.

"So their love for me.. it wasn't real?" You ask, as you feel your heart skip a beat.. was it all just fake.

"Of course it was.. for you"

You quickly get up from the chair, pacing back and forth. "So Steve and Tony.. they didn't love me?" You whimper quietly.

"Nothing but an illusion.. Brought out from your desperate attempt to feel loved" Loki hisses. You can feel his breath on your neck. But you can't face him. "But not for me.."

"You killed my friends" you cry out. Looking down at the ground. Your body shaking.

"I did you a favor" Loki growls, as he forces you to look him directly in the eyes. "Sentiment isn't proper for a goddess such as yourself"