Ghost story

Steve walks around the parking lot, stressing out of his mind. There's nothing you can say to calm him down. All you want to do is get back to the tower, wrap yourself in a blanket and pretend the last 14 hours never even happened.

"Y/n are you even listening to me?"

"I'm sorry what?"

You turn your head. Steve has been trying to get in contact with you while you were zoned out.

"We need to go, we can't stay here" Steve sighs. "You can tell me what happened later"

You nod you head, quickly getting up on his motorcycle again. Then you remember the USB drive, you had to go back and get it, perhaps there was some answers to your questions on there.

"We need to go to my apartment and then the hospital" you yell, trying to drown out the sound of traffic.

"What why?"

"I left something there, and I need to get it back"

Steve sighs deeply, as he takes a sharp turn, accelerating. You can feel his frustration, you want to tell him everything you really do. But out of all people in the world Nick trusted you. He knew that night he was going to die and he called you.. Not Maria, not Natasha. He called you. That must mean something.

Steve stops a few blocks from your apartment, near a small thrift store. He asks you to stay outside, and try not to get caught my any security cameras. He comes out with a pair of skinny jeans, a large hoodie, and some weirdly big blueish grey sunglasses. You eye him up and down confusedly. His changes his clothes as well. He looks like a senior member of the bingo group.

You roll your eyes, as you go behind a dumpster changing your clothes. Throwing out your old ones. Then you take the back door up to your apartment, unlocking the window with a small hair pen.

Steve waits out side patiently. Your entire apartment is on lockdown, there's a hundredth precent change there's some kind of cameras in here. So you'll have to do this fast. You crack open the panel in your closet, packing a bag with some extra clothes, your utility belt, and some weapons. Just in case. Then you go out the same way you got in. Quickly driving off to the hospital.

You both sneak into the hospital, hood over your head. As you make your way to the vending machine. You turn around looking at Steve with panic in your eyes.

It's gone. You reach your hand in, seeing if it could have fallen down. But nothing.

"Y/n" Steve scoffs quietly.

"What?" You hiss purely out of frustration.

As soon as you turn around you're starting right into Natashas eyes, as she blows a bubble of gum.. the exact gum you hid it behind. She raises an eyebrow, with a satisfied smirk on her face.

You grab her arm and Steve's, pulling them into the nearest room. Locking the door behind you.

"What's going on?" Steve asks.

"Where is it?!" You hiss at Natasha, completely ignoring Steve's question.

"Safe" she smiles.

"Now isn't time for games Nat, where is the drive" you ask, pushing her up against the wall. Steve tries to pull you away, but you stand your ground. You need answers.

"Where did you even get it from?" She asks you, still a subtle smile on her face.

"You know damn well where" you growl.

"What's going on?" Steve asks again.

"Shut up" you and Natasha yells. Not even looking at him.

"Fury gave it to you. Why?" She asks, slightly tilting her head.