Shawarma

You watch as everyone spreads out, standing beside Steve looking out over the fight. You're firing shots in each direction, taking down as many of the aliens as possible. But with each one you kill, another swarm flies out from the portal. You've taken some pretty bad hits, and even though there's no external wounds, you're body is aching.

You breathe deeply in and out. As you look over at Steve. "Captain this is hopeless.. our only chance at ending this is if we close off that portal" you sigh deeply.

Steve looks up at the portal, shaking his head. "Our biggest guns couldn't touch it.."

"Well maybe this war isn't fought with guns" you shrug. Steve turns to you. "We need to do this on our own"

He looks sadly down at you, as he nods his head. "Well if you want to get up there, you're going to need a ride" he chuckles.

You look up at the sky. "I think I've got one" you smirk. "I could use a hand though"

Steve steps back. "Are you sure about this?" He asks nervously.

"Yeah sure.. it's gonna be fun" you exhale deeply. Not sure if fun is the right word to describe this.

You run towards him, as fast as you can, he holds his shield upwards. You jump onto a car, using it to get up on the shield. As he pushes you upwards. You hang onto one of the Chitauris aircrafts. As you float through the sky. You climb on top of the aircraft, kicking the chitauri down. And although you've never had a problem with heights, at the speed it's going through the air, you're having a hard time to hold on. Tony flies by, clearing out your way, as you struggle to navigate it.

Suddenly another of the aircrafts follow behind you. But it's not firing against you. As you turn around you see Loki. He jumps onto the back of where you're standing.

"You're going to get yourself killed" he yells. As he takes over the control.

"Why are you helping me?" You scoff angrily.

"I'm not" he chuckles, as he sends you flying down onto the ground. As you float through the air, feeling the cold air rush though you. You close your eyes shut, not able to get one word out. Not even a cry for help. Any minute now you could collide with the earth. But instead of the concrete sidewalk, you feel a rush as Thor sweeps you up. Landing you safely on the ground.

"Don't worry I've got him" Clint scoffs. As he fires an arrow directly at him. And although some part of you wants Loki to be stopped.. you can't bare to loose him. There's still a hope inside of you, that somewhere deep inside, there's still that Loki you once knew. You close your eyes shut. You can't look at this. But you don't hear anything. No one falling..
As you look back up at the sky, Loki caught the arrow. You exhale in relief, until you see an explosion sensing him crashing through the windows of the Stark Tower. Hulk jumps onto the building following him inside.

You run as fast as you can.. You can't let him die.. not until you get another chance to talk to him.. And just like that you don't feel the pain anymore. Your need for him to live, is stronger than the ache in your body.

As you reach the building, Loki is unconscious on the floor. But he's got a pulse.. which means he's alive.. at least for now. You hear Natashas voice just outside. Slowly making your way towards her.

"How do we stop this?" You ask..

"Lokis Sceptor. The energy. The tesseract can't fight, but you can't protect against yourself" Dr Selvig explains.

Natasha leans down towards him. "Hey it's not your fault. You didn't know what you were doing" she says gently.

"Actually I think I did" he scoffs.