Down on my knees

You spend the next days trying to get more out of your room. Hanging out with Natasha as much as possible, she makes you feel good, at least better than before. You wouldn't know how to live without her.

You spend all day with Natasha and Clint on a mission, it wasn't huge. But you got out of the tower, you actually felt useful.Theres just something about tying up old white men, kicking them until they can't breathe.. Seen in retrospect it might not be the best way to cope with being depressed but it certainly worked.

You finally arrive back at the tower, looking like a complete mess, you can't wait to take a nice hot long shower and then get a good night of sleep.  You open the door to your room, when your heart stops for a second. Sighing heavily as you realize Thor is sitting by your desk. He looks happy to see you, which only makes you even more infuriated.

You walk right towards him, trying to get into the bathroom, without saying a word to him. You shut the door behind you, taking a shower. And you sure do take your time. You pray to whatever's up there he'll be gone when you're done.

As you dress yourself walking back into your room, you're slightly surprised to discover he's sitting in the exact same place, with the exact same smile on his lips.

"What do you want thor?" You sigh. Trying to find something useful to do in your room, to distract yourself from him.

"I come with good news my princess" Thor says , it's hard to be mad at him, when his voice is so damn kind.

You look at him confusedly hoping he'll continue.

"You seem upset, is it something my brother did?" Thor questions, he seems just as confused as you.

"No I did not speak with your brother, and yes I am upset Thor. And to be honest with you I would rather you leave than see me cry" you shout frustrated with his lack of sympathy for you.

You wait for him to answer. He keeps furrowing his brow waiting for you to go on. You push past him sitting down on the side of your bed. Why is he doing this to you, he shuts you out, telling you he never loved you. And now he's back a few weeks later wanting to be your best friend again.

You hadn't been to see Loki since that night, you couldn't look at him, knowing he hated the person you've become.

"Just leave Thor I don't want your good news, frankly I don't want any of your news" you scoff.

"I'm sorry y/n if I did anything to offend you" Thor apologies.

"You are unbelievable" You scoff, rolling your eyes. "Offend me?" You chuckle. "You did nothing of that sort"

"Is it Loki bothering you, I can take him off your hands if you need me to" He smiles subtly.

"I don't need anything from you.. What you said hurt Thor, your words have consequences"

Thor sits down beside you, looking at you with sadness in his eyes. He seems so clueless.

"I respect your decision, but I don't understand how you could ever believe those things" you say quietly.

"Said what?" Thor asks.

"The conversation we had?.."

Thor looks at you questioningly.

"You told me about what your father said to you.. banishing me from my home" you add.

"Banishment?"

You look at Thor confused. Then you realize Thor has the exact same expression as you. He truly has no idea what you're talking about.