Go back in time

You open your eyes after a long night with less sleep than you intended. You turn over on your side watching as Loki sleeps peacefully next to you. Just taking some time admiring his features. You couldn't believe this, it was too good to be true.

Suddenly your hear a muffled argument outside. You and Loki were the only ones here. Confused you grab a hoodie and some shorts, making your way out to the hallway.

"That's not how I work Romanoff and you know that damn well by now" Steve yells angrily.

"Well I don't work for you Rogers I work for Fury" Natasha yells back.

"I want you off this mission, I can't believe you" he scoffs disappointed.

"What's going on here?" You asks, still sleepy from the night prior.

"Asks Rogers over here, he's being a complete baby" she hisses.

"Real mature"

"Steve?"

"Romanoff over here compromised our mission doing Fury's dirty work. If I hadn't been there to save her, god knows what could have happened.. our mission was so rescue hostages.." Steve explains.

"No that was your mission, my mission was to get that hardware file back to Fury" she corrects.

"She jeopardized the operation, putting herself and others in danger" Steve grunts.

"You're over exaggerating things.. again" she scoffs rolling her eyes.

"I can't lead a mission, when my partner is leading missions on their own"

"Fine, then find yourself a new partner" Natasha hisses, as she walks away.

Steve sighs deeply as he sits down, rubbing his temples.

"So I take it the mission didn't go well?" You smile softly, taking a seat next to him.

"It went fine.. I just can't work with her if I can't trust her" Steve says frustrated. "It would be a lot easier if you were back in business"

"I don't know if I'm ready yet" you admit.

"Come on.. it'll be like old times" he smiles, gently pushing you with his elbow.

"Why don't you just take the day off." You propose. "We can go do something fun" you smile.

"Like what?"

"Oh I have just the perfect thing" you chuckle.

You leave Loki a small note on the bedside table telling him you'll be back later tonight.

You and Steve get in the car, driving for four hours, without stopping. You don't tell him where your going, simply asking him to enjoy the road-trip.
You park the car right outside the Smithsonian institution.

"This is what we drove all the way to?" He asks confusedly.

"Just wait okay.. you'll hate it" you chuckle, grabbing his hand as you walk into the museum.

You stop right outside the Captain America exhibit.

"Ta-daaa" you smile.

"Is this a real thing?" Steve scoffs. "Seriously"

"Oh it gets much better come on" you say, pulling him with you.

You walk together watching as the Stars and Stripes are plastered all over the walls. Telling the story of the living legend and symbol of courage. The man over the speaker tells the brave story of a young man turned into a brave soldier.