Refurn to midgard.

Being on Asgard was a weird thing, time moved a lot differently than it did on earth. What only seemed to be a couple of months worth of time on Asgard, two years had almost passed on Midgard. Spending all your time with Loki for once making things work, trying your best to rule Asgard together, making ends meet. You were far from ready to rule, but he with him it seemed like the most natural thing in the whole world. And the people... they adored you. You for once felt so seen and understood. You were home. Yet strangely enough you hadn't heard a word from anyone. Not even Thor.

"I'm worried Loki.. I think I should just pop down quickly make sure no one's hurt.. and I'll be back before you know it" you say eagerly.

"If something was wrong Thor would have come.. I mean leaving us to rule Asgard without even checking..-" Loki stops himself. "Something is definitely wrong"

"You were supposed to calm me down!" You say frustratedly. Still circling around the room.

"Sorry... how about we just-"  Loki says as he pulls you towards you kissing you. "See there's nothing we need to worry-" but gets distracted before he can finish his sentence"Thor?"

"We we're just talking about you" you say happily.

"I know.. Heimdall heard."

"Is everything alright?" You ask, as you sit down on the bench in the garden, noticing his mellow smile.

"I fear not my lady.. its far worse than anyone could have imagined" Thor admits.

Loki rubs your back softly trying to calm you down.

It's alright darling just breathe

Hearing his voice in the back of you head seems to calm you down a little.

"What has happened Thor ?" You asks softly.

"We fixed the problem. But so many lives were lost.. the tower it's been.." Thor stops himself. "The tower is gone.. Tony has moved to a place upstate. We've got two new members of our team who helped fight the battle.. but nothing is as it should be.. banner is missing. And-"

"Thor cut to the case" you demand.

"The war we fought, the avengers are now being held accountable for it. And the team is splitting up, slowly drifting apart. I cannot talk sense into them.." Thor adds. You couldn't believe it, after everything you have done for Midgard, risking your own lives to save others.. and for nothing?
"But I can think of person that can" Thor says, looking down at you.

"Me?" You ask confusedly. You hadn't seen the avengers in two years.. you couldn't magically show up and expect them to listen to you.

Thor nods his head.

"You're both coming right?" You ask.

"I'm afraid I need my brothers help, with Odin gone we are the only ones with the power to keep the nine realms at peace. If you need us, call to us and we'll be there" Thor admits.

"Are you sure it's a good idea leaving y/n to pick of the pieces of these mortals mistakes" Loki scoffs.

"It's what I do Loki" you say softly. "But how do you know they'll listen to me?" You ask.

"Use what you've found here.. open up their hearts." Thor smiles. "They have one thing keeping them together.. and that you y/n. Things went downhill after you left with us"

Loki looks down at the ground.. deep inside he knows his brother is right. You grab his hand.

"I promise you everything is going to be fine.. go with Thor, and I'll see you before you even realize we've parted." You smile reassuring him.