Going away

New York 2009

You and Stephens relationship weirdly enough hasn't changed since that evening. You kept being friends, visiting him at work every day. Calling each other past midnight, and strangely enough it didn't get complicated, you both knew that it was nothing more and nothing less.

You wake up in his bedroom like so many mornings before, you pull a sweatshirt over your head. Kissing him gently on the forehead.

"You're late" you chuckle as he opens his eyes.

"They'll manage" he smiles. As he pulls you down beside him.

"Fine I'm late.. I have a meeting today" you say. As you once again stumble out of his bed. Slowly taking of your pants.

"Fine" he scoffs as he gets up. He's so handsome it's hard to keep your eyes or your hands off him. "My place again tonight?" He smirks.

"Twelve nights in a row.. seems like you're getting a little attached" you tease him, throwing him a shirt from his closet.

"I'm not.. I'm just really stressed lately" he admits as he starts to button up his shirt. You walk up to him buttoning up the rest of his shirt.

"You'd like to take that stress out on me?" You smile flirtatiously.

"Oh yeah" he breathes deeply. "So you'll be here?" He questions.

"Of course" you sigh.. "I have to get going"

As you're about to walk out the bedroom he grabs your hand pulling you close to him, as he kisses you passionately.

"You drive me mad woman" he smirks.

"You love it" you whisper.

On your way back to your apartment you mind lingers on the night. This man is driving you insane. The endless games, you keep coming back for more. You grab onto your keys fumbling to open up your door. As soon as you walk in you see Nick sitting by your table drinking coffee.

"You could call... it's what normal people do before coming over" you scoff as you sit down beside him.

He eyes you up and down, as his gaze locks on your neck.

"Had fun last night did we?" He teases.

You didn't even realize the hickeys all over your neck. You blush. "You could say that" you grin.

"Well fun is over, I have a job for you" Nick scoffs, as he hands you a file.

You exhale deeply as you open it, quickly scanning through it.

"She's just a girl" you sigh deeply. You're looking at a girl not much older than you.

"She's a highly trained Assassin, operating for an organization called the red room, she also goes by the name black widow" Nick explains. "You won't be going alone, I've assigned Clint Barton to help you, and trust me you'll be needing it." He adds. "You're leaving in the morning"

"Alright so what's the plan exactly, we track her down? Eliminate her?" You question.

"It's not going to be that simple, we need you to get as much information as you can out of her about the Red room, it needs to be shut down" Nick explains further.

"I'll see what I can do" you scoff. "Where are we going?"

"She was last seen in a safe-house just outside Budapest, you and Barton will surprise her there"

"You know I work best alone"

"So does he, but I think you'll manage" he smirks. As he gets up to leave. "You got this" he smiles.