Trust no one.

You wake up in the middle of a night to your phone ringing. At first you ignore it, shrugging it off. Then closing your eyes again. When it calls again a few second later. You grab your phone turning it off.

"Miss Jones I deeply apologize, but I have been informed to wake you up and ask you to pick up the phone" Jarvis announces.

You look up at the wall, shaking your head.

"Mute" you yell. As you cover your ears with the pillow.

Then your phone rings again. You sigh deeply frustrated as you realize it Nick.

"Do you have idea what time it is" you yawn loudly.

"There's not much time y/n I need your help"

"With what?"

There's a moment of silence, while you're waiting for him to answer you.

"Not here..I need you in DC, deep shadow condition" he says. "Im really Sorry"

You exhale sharply, knowing exactly what is happening, grabbing some clothes.

"Give me four hours I'll be there"

"You have Two and a half. Over" Nick says hanging up the phone. You grab your coat, as you knock on Steve's door. He wanted you back in the business, here was his shot.

"Steve! Wake up, get dressed and meet me in the garage in five minutes" you shout. Knocking on the door one more time so make sure he's awake.

You sit down in the car waiting, and exactly five minutes later, Steve opens up the car door. And as soon as he's in, you drive off. You drive past five red lights, going way over the speed limit. Fury didn't over dramatize things, so when he needed you, shit was going down.

"Are you going to tell me what's going on?" Steve asks nervously.

"I don't know.. I just have a feeling it's bad.. I couldn't go alone" you explain.

"So Fury huh?" Steve chuckles. "He was all it took for you to get back in the game?"

You look over at him, shaking you head. "He saved my life once.. I owe him everything." You admit. Speeding up. As your near the city.

"So where are we going?"

"An old apartment I lived in. Fury kept it in my name in case of an emergency.." you explain.

"Why didn't you bring mischief along?"

"He's off earth at the moment.. don't know when he's coming back.. if he's coming back" you scoff. "It doesn't matter" you lie. You can't get emotional now. There's to much at risk.

"What happened?"

"I really Dont want to talk about it" you sigh tiredly

"Y/n it's okay"

"He left me alright?... He walked out the door.. said he couldn't do it so..." You yell.

"Well that's his loss" Steve smiles.

"Right"

You stop a few block away from the apartment. Reaching in the back for two large hoodies, you throw one of them to Steve, as you put it on, covering your face the best you can. As you quietly sneak through the back door up to the apartment.

You hear the sound of taking a chance of love playing through the door.. You turn around making sure no one's around, before grabbing the key in a small hidden hole underneath the doormat. Locking you and Steve in. It's completely dark inside the apartment, the only noise is from your old record player.

Love everlasting - Avengers fanficOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara