A life of lies

Malibu California 1993

You and Tony spend every waken and sleeping moment together. And for just a short while everything seems like it's gonna work out fine. Yet you can't hide the burning feeling in your chest, that you're not doing the right thing. Last night you hung out at a fancy club with his friends. You danced till the sun rose. Waking up on the terrace wrapped between the sheets cuddled up next to him. His friends passed out in the living room. The aching hangover foreshadows the insane amount of guilt you can't seem to shake off you.

You slowly open your eyes admiring him as he sleeps. You close your eyes, not wanting this moment to ever end. Trying to shake the bad hangover off you. Tony gently strokes your hair leaving kisses all over your neck and chest. When you don't open your eyes he tickles you, forcing you to wake up.

"Look who's awake and fresh" you chuckle lightly as you turn around to face him.

"One of us has to" he smiles as he wraps the sheet around his waist walking into the kitchen. The house is a mess. The scent of alcohol still lingered in the room.

You find one of his shirts and a pair of panties as you follow after him. Wrapping your arms around his waist, resting your head against his back. Taking in the scent of him... all of him.

"I love this" you murmur.

He turns around embracing you. "I love you" he says as he kisses you.

You slowly begin to clean up the mess you made sending his friends home. As you crash on the couch watching a movie. Tony went to get Cheeseburgers for the both of you, taking the edge off the hangover. It's the perfect way to spend a Sunday evening.

"So?" He questions. "What did you think of the group? He asks further. "They loved you"

"Why shouldn't they? I'm pretty amazing" you tease. Tony laughs as he wraps his arm around you."They were great Tony, I see why you care for them so much.. I'm glad you have friends like that" you smile sadly.

"What's the matter?" He asks noticing your facial expression changing.

"It's nothing... I'm just glad you have people in your life.. people to help you get through the tough times" you elaborate.

"I have you" he smirks

"You won't always have me you know"

Tony looks at you, his face a big question mark.

"I'm just saying, you shouldn't be attached to me" you say quietly.

"Why?" Tony wonders.

"Because you just shouldn't okay?" You say harshly as you pull away from him.

"What if I already am?" He asks with sadness in his voice.

God, you messed up.

"Then stop" you scoff

Tony shakes his head, as he grabs a hold of your hand. You quickly pull away...

"Okay, what the fuck is wrong with you?" He says sharply. "We just had an amazing night out, and now you're being a complete bitch" he yells. He's angry. And he has every reason to be. He takes a deep breath. "Why don't we just stop talking, come dance with me" he smiles weakly.

That smile that makes you feel soft. That breaks down everything. He lifts you. Turning up the music as he swings you around. You rest your head against his chest as you rock back and forth.

"We really need to talk Tony" you sigh. As you look up at him.

"Fine let's talk.." he scoffs disappointed. He sits back down on the couch. "What's wrong?"

Love everlasting - Avengers fanficOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara