A dream is not reality

"Shh.. Don't wake her up, she needs the rest"

"We can't keep treating her like she's made of glass, she made her choice and we need to respect that"

"She's not thinking clearly"

You slowly shut open your eyes, waking up on the couch. On side of you Natasha and Clint stood watching over you. On your other side Tony stood shaking his head, arms crossed.

"Morning sunshine" Nat smiles weakly.

"Morning" you say as you stretch your body.

"Ask her!" Tony scowls, obviously annoyed with Natasha and Clint.

"Ask me what?" You question softly.

"How much do you remember from last night when Thor was here?" Natasha asks gently, sitting down next to you. "Just take your time"

You close your eyes trying to think back. You don't even remember seeing Thor yesterday.

"I don't really remember him being here at all" you admit.

"Come on Jones do better than that" Tony says eagerly.

"Don't push her" Natasha hisses.

"Okay what's going on?" You scowl sitting up. "You guys have been acting weird for weeks now.."

Tony sighs deeply, grabbing Natashas arm, pulling her to the side.

"Don't.. you can't tell her" he whispers.

"We have to"

"No we don't" Tony hisses.. "she doesn't want to remember.. maybe it for the better"

"You can't be serious?" Nat scoffs. "Just because you can't stand the thought of her loving him, doesn't mean she shouldn't remember"

Tony looks at you, watching as the woman he loves, has no memory of who she truly is.

"This isn't even the y/n you fell in love with.. she's-"

"Alright.. but I can't watch this" Tony sighs deeply. Walking out the room.

"What's going on?" You asks again.

"Y/n we need to tell you something.. and you probably won't believe us." Natasha starts, as she looks deeply into you eyes.

Then she goes completely silent, watching as you smile.

"We are throwing you an early birthday party tonight" she chuckles.

"Are you kidding me?" You squeal in pure excitement. Embracing Natasha. "That's amazing. I have to go shopping for something to wear"

"That's a great idea.. we'll get everything done" she says softly. Watching as you run to your room, making a little spin.

Natashas smile quickly fades, as she lets her body fall down onto the couch. Looking up at Clint. "Shopping?" He chuckles.

"Don't even.. just go tell the boys we need to have a party ready by tonight" she sighs.

You rush into your room locking the door behind you. As soon as you're alone you let your guards down. You try your best to control your breathing. The blood pounding through your body, ringing in your ears. Your heart thudding in your chest. Like it's fighting to escape. Your vision getting blurry. You couldn't stay in this tower for one more day. Everything felt like it was crumbling down around you.

You try standing up reaching for the bottle of water by your night stand, you've never felt your mouth so dry before. Your whole body was shutting down, hyperventilating. As if someone had a hand wrapped around you throat, making sure you couldn't breathe.