About damn time

You get put into a van, driving you off to god knows where. Your hands and feet cuffed together my giant metal pieces..  this was all your mess. Yet you couldn't stop thinking about Bucky.

"Are we sure it was him?" You ask quietly.

"I know it was" stave says.

"He died Steve.. he shouldn't be alive" you scoff.

"Neither should I.. if I've learnt something the past two years it's that no one's really dead" he sighs.

You want to hold his hand so badly, if you could just hold him.

"He looked right at me.. like he didn't even know me"

"It's not possible steve.. you were there when he died. No one survives a fall like that" you say gently.

"You did"

"Didn't he die seventy years ago?" Sam questions.

"Zola" Steve scoffs, he can barely look at you. His eyes glued stuck to the floor. "Bucky's unit was captured in forty three right?" He says questioningly . Already knowing the answer himself. "Zola experimented on him"

"This is unbelievable" you scoff.

"Yeah.. whatever he did to him, helped Bucky survive that fall.."

"That doesn't explain his killing spree"

"They must have found him and... I shou-"

"Stop" you say harshly. "Don't do that.. don't blame yourself. You had no idea" you assure him.

Steve shakes his head. "When I had nothing I had Bucky.. and when I had everything I had him."

"We'll get him back okay?" You smile. "We can get him back"

Sam notices Natasha bleeding heavily from her shoulder. "We need a doctor okay? She's going to bleed out" he yells annoyed.

One of the guards take out a taser, pointing it at you to shut you up. Then quickly after stabbing the second guard in the chest, causing him to pass out on the floor.

You and Steve look at each other scared to death. When the guard takes of their helmet.

"Ah, that thing was squeezing my brain" Maria scowl, tugging her hair behind her ears.

You look at her in disbelief.

"Who's the new guy?" She asks, looking at Sam.

You shake your head, chuckling. You didn't see that one coming.

"Please tell me you've got a way out?" You ask.

She pulls out the small melting device, carefully getting to work, freeing you from the metal cuffs one by one. When suddenly the van stops. She quickly puts a small silent bomb by the floor. All of you standing on top of the seats. As soon as it goes of you jump down the hole. Escaping through the sewer system. Exciting near the edge of the city, where a car is waiting for you. Driving you to a barrier in the middle of forest outside the city.

"What are we doing here?" You ask

"I thought it was time you three.. four" she corrects herself. "Knew the truth"

You follow her through a secret passage way. By the barrier. All five of you are completely silent as you wander through the halls of a hidden cave underneath the ground.

A man runs towards you. "What's her status?"

You walk with your hand around Natashas waist, carrying the most of her weight. While she puts pressure against her open gunshot.