Once and for all

A light glimpses and with the blink of an eye you're right back at the compound standing on the platform where you just left a minute ago. You look around when your heart skips a beat. Clint is on his knees all alone... at that moment there's nothing inside, it's all been torn apart, ripped to pieces.

"Clint?.." you choke out quietly. "Where's Nat?"

He looks up at, shaking his head softly. Your legs slowly give in, as you crawl towards him, holding him tightly as both of you break down. You gasp for you breath as the realization hits you like a brick road.. that's why Thanos returned from Vormir without his daughter.. Natasha is gone.. just so you could get everyone else back.

"She told me she did it for us" Clint chokes out..

"No.." you whimper quietly.. "we can get her back.. tell me we can get her back!" You yell frustratedly.

Steve softly lays his hand on your shoulder..

"I need a moment" you say coldly, as you walk outside sitting by a bench looking out over the lake surrounding the compound.

Whatever it takes means nothing when it takes away everything you love. You did it, you got the stupid stones but at what cost..

"Y/n.." you hear a quiet voice speak behind you. As you turn around Steve, Tony, Clint, Thor and Bruce stands behind you.

You break down again as the whole group gathers around you taking a moment of silence to honor her. You take off your necklace, one she gave you many years back, as you let it float to the bottom of the ocean. You could never give her a funeral, but you could always remember her.. for being a hero.. your friend.. your sister.

"Do we know if she had any family.?" Tony asks.

"Yeah us" Steve whimpers..

"She has a sister.. I don't even know if she's alive or where she is but.. she talked about her often" you say quietly.

"Why are we acting like she's dead?" Thor groans. "We have the stones right?.. so we snap our fingers and bring her back!" Thor yells angrily.

"We can't get her back.. it was a soul for soul.. we can't undo it" Clint scoffs.

"I'll find a way.." you say to yourself looking up at the sky.. "I promise you Nat.. I'll get you back"

"Y/n-"

"Don't.. just let me believe there's a way okay?" You sigh looking up at Clint.

"She did this for us.. for you y/n. She wanted you and me and the rest of us to have a our lives back.. even if it meant-" Clint chokes out..

"Fuck this.. let's do it then" you hiss.

"Y/n we're all grieving maybe now isn't the-"

"When then?" You spit out. "When will this stop hurting? It's been five years since I lost Loki and I'm still not over him.. so what we just wait five years more and see if I'm over Natasha then?"

"That's not what u meant" Tony says softly.

"I know I'm sorry.." you sigh. "I'm sorry"

You sit down beside Steve, resting your head on his shoulder. Sitting silently as you look out over the lake.. there was nothing that could be said that would make this easier. You had the stones and you had to use them before it was too late.

"It was supposed to be me" Clint says in between sobs. "It was supposed to be me.. she sacrificed her life for that stupid orange rock.. we gotta make it worth it"

"She's not coming back.. we gotta do it" Bruce says sadly. "Clint's right we have to make it worth it"

"We will" you say as you look up at them..