Mind over matter

As you walk out of the room, you get pulled to the side, thrown up against the wall. Banging your head against the side.

"Agent jones was it?" Tony asks. Eyeing you up and down.

"That's me" you smile awkwardly.

He's still holding you up against the wall. You look down at the ground. Trying desperately to break free from his touch.

"You look an awful like an old girlfriend of mine" he scoffs. Grinding his teeth together.

"Really that's..."

"A coincidence?" He finishes your sentence. Tilting his head questioningly.

"Yeah.." you sigh.

"Lying again are we... Emma?" He says furiously.

You close your eyes, taking a deep breath before getting the courage to look up at him. "Tony please just listen" you plead.

"So it was you?" He asks, his whole body tenses up. As his grip on your arms tightens. You hiss in pain.

"You're hurting me Tony" you stammer, but he keeps you in place, as you whine in pain.

"Was it you?" He asks desperately.

"Yes" you whimper.

"And your mother?" He asks further. "Did she even exist?... was that you too?"

"Tony you're really hurting me please let me go" you beg as you look deeply into his eyes. But all you see is resentment.

"Was that you?" he asks once more banging you against the wall.

"Yes" you admit.

"You knew..." he trails off. "You knew my father and you fed me lies.. I... I loved you" he yells. As he grabs your other arm, sending shivers down your spine as shakes you furiously.

"I loved you too.. none of that of that was a lie" you say gently.

Suddenly his face is just a few inches away from you. "Why should I believe anything you're saying... what even are you?" he hisses.

"What did you want me to say?" You whimper quietly. "That I was immortal, a girl who used to be friends with your father..?" You ask.

"No you could have stayed away" he spits. Once again tightening his grip.

"Tony stop.. this isn't you.. you're hurting me Tony" you say again, pleading him to stop.

"I spent years in a pit of self loathing because of you..." he says. "Perhaps we should just give you over to the god, but I guess you'd need a heart for him to have any use of you" he yells.

You stand silently listening to his harmful words, breaking you heart.

"You are a sad excuse of a woman... god I loved you... god I still do that's what's so painful.. knowing you never loved me" his voice softens. "You probably wouldn't know love if it was right in front of you"

"I loved you... that's why I left.. I didn't want to hurt you" you explain.

"You did hurt me..." he scoffs as he pushes you further up against the wall. The aching pain as his nails dig into your flesh.

"Please I'm sorry Tony... just don't hurt me" you beg.

"I don't want to hurt you... I just want you to feel they way I did" he growls. Clenching his hands as tight as he can around your arms, making you scream out in pain.

"That's enough" Steve says pulling him away from you. You land on the ground, wrapping your arms around yourself, slowly backing away from him.

"If isn't the Captain of truth and pride" Tony chuckles mockingly... "oh yeah that's right you were in love with him.. how ironic. My father wasn't good enough for you huh?" He hisses looking down at you. You clench your jaw as you shake your head.