The face of the past

You stand on the platform. You've got everything you need, all of the stones is packed up in the case. You're carrying the Scepter, as Steve holds the remaining Pym particles and the case. Bruce and Tony stand by the machine, to make sure everything goes as smoothly as possible. While Loki, Sam, Bucky and Clint stands beside the platform.

You hold onto Loki, giving him a big kiss, for him it would only be a couple of seconds, but for you it would take hours to make sure you got everything put back at the exact time and location. Bruce had made a clear plan for you, with all the details, and everything you needed. Firstly you were going to New York 2012, returning the Scepter, and the time stone. Then you would go to Asgard 2013 to return the Aether. Then you'd travel to Morag, return the power stone, and continue your journey to Vormir. Till your last stop 1970 camp Leigh.

Steve takes forever saying his see you later to Bucky. You stand up on the platform, as Steve follows right behind you.

"How long is this gonna take exactly?" Loki asks skeptically.

"For them? As long as they need, for us about five second" Bruce explains, as he begins tapping the buttons on the control panel.

"You won't even realize I'm gone" you smile at Loki.

You take a deep breath, last time it went horribly wrong.. it couldn't this time. You just needed to be a hero one last time and perhaps everyone could get their happy ending. Everything could go back to normal.

"You two ready?" Tony asks.

You look as Steve, he gently nods his head, as you press the button on your wrist activating the suit. You grab onto the scepter for dear life, as you lock your eyes with Loki. While Bruce counts down from five.

And with the blink of an eye you shrink down, your body flying through the air, until the time-gps beeps and you fall through a hole.

NEW YORK 2012

You flash open your eyes, finally feeling the ground safely under your. You both stand up straight looking around the chaos of New York once again. It felt unbelievably strange being here once more.

"Alright" you sigh deeply. "Where do we start?" You ask him.

"The scepter first, then the time stone. But no splitting up this time we do this together alright?" He says calmly.

"Deal" you smile.

You slowly make your way towards Stark tower. This wasn't just about dropping the stones off at the right time and right place, but also into the right hands. They was to much at risk to be sloppy.

You made you way through the alley, taking the back door into the tower, somehow you had to return the scepter to the government, without causing to much suspicion, so the best way, was for you to stand and guard the elevator, right as Steve took the scepter from them back when you first travelled here.

"I'm in position" you announce. "I've just seen you walking out of the elevator, go in!"

"I'm going in" Steve says calmly.

Now you just had to wait. This was so confusing, three of you at the exact same time. Steve walked into the elevator with the Scepter, you could listen in on his conversation through comms.

"Rumlov" Steve says calmly.

"What now Cap?"

"Change of plans again, you'll go ahead and deliver the Scepter, we'll have to deal with Loki first"

"Really?" One of the agents questions almost surprised.

"Really.. just get it out of the building" Steve says confidently.