The warning

Waking up beside Loki is a feeling you'll never grow tired of, he always looks so peaceful and happy when he's asleep. A smile glued to his face, his long shiny hair all messed up. Loki somehow looks even more perfect when he's a sleepy mess.

"You're starring darling" Loki says softly as he shuts open his eyes, tugging a piece of hair behind your ear.

"Sorry" you grin, still not able to look away from him. "You look really beautiful Loki"

"You think to highly of me" Loki sighs.

"Perhaps.. but it doesn't change the fact that you look beautiful" you assure him, cupping his face gently. "I love you Loki Laufeyson" you smile.

"I love you more"

Just as Loki leans in to kiss you, there's a gentle knock on the door. Loki sighs disappointed before conjuring some clothes on, walking to open the door. You wrap yourself in the sheets as you sit up against the bed frame.

Loki slowly opens the door, as he takes a step back you see Thor standing in the doorframe.

"Thor?" You question sitting up, gently wrapping the sheets further around you. "You're back"

"I am.. I need to talk with you.." Thor says sadly. "Both of you."

"What's wrong?" Loki asks, still standing in the doorway.

"I'll let you get dressed, I'll be waiting in the library" Thor says.

Loki closes the door behind him, he turns to you with a sadden gaze. He grabs your hand placing a gentle kiss on your hand. "I'm sure it nothing" he says quietly. But something about the way he looks at you tells you something else entirely.

You quickly get dressed in whatever is nearest in the closet, walking with Loki to the library, where Thor is sitting by the window waiting for you. As soon as you walk in he stand up. He has a worried look on his face.

"So what's wrong.. where have you been?" You ask as you rest against the table.

"I'm sorry it's taken me so long.. but I come bearing terrible news" Thor says softly.

"What is it Thor?" You question, crossing your arms. Your eyes shift from Loki to Thor. They have the same look glued to their face.

"After leaving earth I went out looking for answers.. within the last few years four infinity stones have crossed out path.. I don't think it's a coincidence" Thor explains.

"You're not saying-" Loki stammers

"Yes"

"I'm sorry what are infinity stones?" You ask them, clearly you were the only one not understanding what was going on here.

"Well do you remember the thing stuck in Jane?" Thor asks you.

"Yeah" you nod you head softly.

"That was one of them.. the other one is the tesseract kept here on Asgard. The mind stone is on earth save with the vision... and the fourth I've got notice is kept by the collector" Thor explains further.

"What does this mean.?" You ask once more.

"It means someone's been playing an intricate game, and made us pawns of us.. once all these pieces are in position-"

"Don't brother.."

"Wait why Am I the only one not understanding what's happening here..?" You ask nervously, desperate to understand the keening behind all of it.

"Should I tell her or will you?" Thor asks.

"Tell me what?" You ask frustrated.. you were kept in the dark.. perhaps this was the thing that had worried Loki for so many weeks now.. "Loki?" You question looking up at him.