Agent jones

Brooklyn NYC 1940

As you stumble out of the water you look closely around the city surrounding you. A tall man rushes to your side helping you up from the ground. There's a constant ringing sound in your ears muffling out the sound of the foreign man's voice. You tighten your grip around his arm, resting your weight on him.

"Can you tell me your name miss?" He asks once more trying to get your attention. Yet your mind is elsewhere. "Miss!" 

"Pardon me" you mumble as you let go of him. Resting on your own two legs.

"Are you okay?" He asks. You turn to look at him. "Are you hurt?" He looks at you nervously with brown kind eyes.

"I am well thank you.." you say politely. Your gaze shifts between him and the surrounding city. "Would you mind telling me where I am?" You ask. You're absolutely terrified. Moments ago you were in Asgard. Next, you're here.

"You're in Brooklyn sweetheart" he smiles kindly.

"I beg your pardon?" You question. You've never heard of such a place. Brooklyn?

"Brooklyn?" He grins. " New York City?" He studies your face closely, but there's nothing there except pure confusion.

"I'm afraid I do not know tales of such a place" you share.

He slowly reaches out his hand, gesturing for you to follow him. "Come with me" he smiles.

"I do not even know your name" you sigh deeply. Hesitating to grab a hold of his hand.

"Howard Stark" he says confidently. " and you are?" He smirks. Shaking your hand.

You eye him up and down still unsure if you should trust the stranger. But it seems as though you don't have much of a choice. "Y/n Idunndottir" you smile weakly.

"You really aren't from around here are you?" He chuckles kindly. You simply shake your head. "Come with me y/n..let's get you warmed up" he smiles as you grab onto his hand following him. "You can think of me as you're very own personal guide"

As you walk through the loud city. There are moving vehicles roaming the streets. You cling onto the stranger's hand for dear life. He wraps his jacket around your wet cold frame. He can't help but smile as you watch the world around you in awe. And though the city is admirable, it cannot compare to the majestic mountainsides and cities of Asgard. You reach a tall building in the middle of the city.

"This is my place" he says gesturing to the apartment.

"Like your palace?" You ask.

"You could say that" he grins as he leads you up the stairs into the small condo. He slowly sits down at a table waiting for you to sit down. "So y/n Idunndottir?" He says. "Where is it you're from?" He asks.

"I am of Asgard." you state. You search in your memory for any clue as to how you could end up here.

"Is that so?" He asks with a light in his eyes. "Well I'm terribly sorry sweetheart, you're on Midgard now" he explains.

You feel your breath fasten as you sit down opposite him. "You know about Asgard?" You ask shockingly.

"I know of the power it holds.. and I think you can help me," he says excitedly.