Time will tell

"Are you trying to kill yourself" a familiar voice asks.

You don't turn around as you take in the question. Because the question sounds so unreal.. no one ever asks you that, and truly wants to hear the answer. Yet here you are late at night on the edge of the tower. Unsure whether or not to turn around.

"No" you sigh.. "it wouldn't matter if I did.. I wouldn't die anyway" you scoff.

"It matters to me" he says gently. "I don't want you to do that.. I can't let you do that"

"Why do you care.. you're not really here"

"You cant leave me y/n.. deep inside you know that" his dark voice breaks as he speaks.

And it's more painful than any sadness you've ever felt.

"You don't get to quit on me now"

You slowly take a step backwards. When you feel his hand on your back. You inhale sharply as two hands pulls you down from the edge of the tower. Holding onto you for dear life.

"What were you thinking" he yells. Replacing the ringing in your ears..

"I- I don't know" you breathe out.

He slowly softens his grip, making you turn around, facing him.

"Are you real or are you just in my head?" You ask softly..

"Im here" he says quietly, reaching out his hand to touch your face. But you quickly take a step away from him.

"Why Do i have dreams about you?.. " you stammer.. looking him up and down. "I see your face everywhere"

"I don't know"

"Stop lying to me!" You scream. "Why do I see you everywhere. Why did you come here?"

"You called upon me. So I came" Loki scoff unbothered.

"But why..how did I even know to call out to you!! Why did I call to you?" You ask, looking for the answers you can't seem to answer yourself.

"I can't do this y/n.." he shrugs turning away.

"What?" You hiss. "What is it you can't do?"

"I can't look at you.. I can't stand being around you" Loki shouts back at you.

"Then leave.. why did you even come back here if you can't stand being around me?"

"Because I cannot stand not being around you either" he admits.

"Is it to hard for you?"

"Yes it is.. I gave you what you wanted.. I let you move on" Loki growls. "Now let me me let you go" he pleads.

"What I wanted? I don't know what you're talking about" you stammer.

"It does not matter. I shouldn't have come here" Loki sighs.

"Perhaps you shouldn't.." you scowl.. "but tell me the truth before you go.."

Loki looks deeply into your eyes. "You really want to know?"

"Yes"

"Fine" he growls.

Loki grabs your head, as you feel the weight of his hands pressing against your temples. Then you see it clearly, the dreams you were having was your memories finding its way back to you. Watching as a gleaming light glows behind your eyelids, showing you down paths you never even knew existed in your mind. You pull away from him, looking at him with tears streaming down your face.

"Are you happy now?" He scoffs.

"You came back for me?" You smile softly. Like you're seeing him for the first time.