Hail hydra

You catch up on some lost sleep on the car ride to New Jersey. It's a four hour drive, so it doesn't give you much, but a little is better than nothing. You lay in the back seat of the car, while Steve drives with Natasha in the front seat. You wake up just before you pass the welcome to New Jersey sign. Laying silently as you listen in on their conversation. You didn't mean to pry, well maybe just a little.

"You're not going to tell her?" Natasha asks.

"Why should I.. she's happy, she moved on" he answers. "I was frozen in the ice for seventy years, she lived, she loved.. I can't expect her to just fall right back into love"

"She trusts you.. I've known her for six years now.  Y/n never trusts anyone"

"She trusts you" Steve says. "And she loves him... I can't compete with her first love" he scoffs.

"Who said it's competition?" Natasha scoffs. "She adores you, she has the right to know"

"Let's talk about something else please" Steve sighs.

"Alright was that your first kiss with her since 1945?" Natasha asks. "You don't have to answer it, but by not answering it you're kinds answering it"

"She didn't tell you?" He asks, sounding slightly disappointed.

"Oh my god you've kissed" she says excitedly.

"Alright next question" he grins.

"When are you going to tell her?" Natasha smirks.

"Fine I'll ask one.." Steve scoffs. "Are you seeing someone?"

"Me?" She grins. "When would I have time to see someone?"

"I don't know.. I just think it's a tough life you and  y/n are living.. that's no way to live your life"

"It's a good way not to die though.. that's what we do her an I.. we survive"

"She didn't want any of this" Steve sighs. "Y/n"

Natasha looks out over the road. "What did she want?" She asks.

"A normal life.. to grow old, start a family, fall in love.. get a life"

"Don't we all?"

Suddenly the car stops, forcing you to get up. You have teary eyes form listening in on their conversation. You wish you had just stayed asleep, but some part of you needed to hear that. The truth.

"We're here" you say opening the door.

They look at you, following behind you.

"Really it's here?" Natasha asks looking over an abandoned building, with a tall fence around it.

"I remember this place.. it's here" Steve answers.

"The file came from these coordinates" you say checking your phone. It's right inside.

There's tons of danger and stop signs handing around the fence. Someone clearly went through a lot of trouble closing this area off. As you look in over the Camp Leigh all the memories flood back to you. This was unbelievable.

You walk around for hours trying to find the exact location. Watching as the sun slowly goes down. This camp is enormous.. it was so difficult walking around it, knowing the first time you were here, it was Howard.

"So you two know this place?" Natasha asks, she had taken over the phone.

You look over at Steve, with saddened eyes.

"I was trained here.. y/n trained me here" he replies.

You could hear Colonel Phillips yells echoing around you. You could practically see the soldiers running rounds. Seeing how Steve struggled to follow up, but still did his very best.