Fondue-ing?

As you go to work the next day, you can't wait to see Steve again. Something has changed in the last couple of weeks. Spending time with him every day. You can't get him out of your head. Maybe life here on Midgard isn't as bad as you thought. You're actually happy. And returning back home might only complicate things between the two brothers you hold so dear to your heart. You've always loved both of them, they were perfect in each their way. But someday you would have to make choice, and it would tear them apart. Perhaps you winded up here for a reason. It was your new chance at love. 

You put on your favourite shirt, hoping to catch him looking at you the same way he did last night.

You sat patiently waiting for Steve at the SSR facility, it was a quarter past eight.. at first, you feared something might have happened. You decide to go out and look for him. You turn around the corner and you feel your heart stop, as the hurt sinks in. You stop for a second just looking at him kissing a woman..  You shouldn't be so hurt, it's not like you had ever kissed.. perhaps you had gotten it all wrong. What you felt for him was just so right, perhaps the reason nothing more had ever happened was that you've read it all wrong.

"Captain!" You yell. As he quickly pulls away from the woman. You look at him with a cold gaze. "Mr stark and I are ready for you if you're not otherwise occupied" you hiss as you walk away. You can't help but feel betrayed by him.. You shake the feeling of you, fastening the pace, it's not like you ever made any promises to each other. It was all in your head.

Steve rushes after you, wiping off the lipstick stain on his lips. "Agent Jones please wait" Steve calls after you.

"It seems as though finding a partner wasn't that hard after all Captain," you say as coldly as you can. You can let your guard down. Not while you're at work. You've worked so hard to be respected here as a woman, you're not about to let a stupid man ruin that for you.

"Y/n, it's not what it looked like I assure you" Steve tries to explain as he fixes his shirt.

You stop taking a deep breath as You step in front of him, fixing his tie and wiping away the remaining lipstick. "I didn't think anything Captain, not a single thing" you say as you continue walking. "You wanted to be a soldier now you are... just like all the others. So don't let me stop you" you say firmly.

"Well what about you and stark?" He says loudly.

You turn around to face him, looking at him with nothing but pure disappointment. How dare he bring that up, right after you just caught him kissing someone..

"How do I know you Two haven't been fondue-ing?" He asks more quietly this time, noticing people are watching you.

"You still don't know anything about women" You shake your head and walk away, muttering to yourself. Hoping he hears it.

Steve and Howard are looking at different weapons for the battle. You remain silent just studying them as they get excited. Steve quickly turns his eyes to a shield.

"Are the two of you done playing with toys?" You tease, as you walk towards them. "I'm sure the captain has some unfinished business to attend to" you scoff.

It's not your intention to be this angry at him, but you're wearing your heart on your sleeve, and it was just exposed to everyone.

Steve turns to you hiding up the shield. "What do you think" he smiles broadly.

You look at him with pure frustration as you grab the nearest gun, firing seven bullets against him. Howard hides behind the desk, and Steve looks mortified up from the shield.

"I think it works" you smile sarcastically before eyeing him up and down and walking away. You can't believe you just shot at him, but funnily enough, it felt relieving.