Avengers initiative

Present day
New York City 2012

You're sitting in your apartment looking down over the city as you drink your morning cup of coffee. Watching how the traffic moves slowly through the crowd filled streets, and the morning sun lit up your apartment, casting reflections through the rose tinted glass. You've turned on the tv, the sound of the news linger in the room but your mind is elsewhere. You recently came back from a mission in Kiev.. your 14th mission as part of STRIKE team: Delta, it went as well as could be suspected, but now you're back home. It's refreshing that for a short period of time you're just on your own. Getting to enjoy a quiet May morning all to yourself.

There's a gentle knock on the door. You sigh as you open the door. Nick walks in with a case file. You know what that means, the world is burning somewhere.

"Where am I needed?" You ask tiredly as you sit back down in your chair, finishing your coffee.

"Right here" Nick says, he sits down in front of you handing you a file.

"New York?... what's happening?" You ask confusedly, you've been listening to the news all morning, you haven't heard about anything.

"I was hoping you'd be able to tell me.. have a look" Nick claims, gesturing for you to read the file.

You slowly open up the file, the first image you see makes you sick to your stomach. You hand it back to him shaking your head. "Where'd you find that?" You ask shakingly. Looking at a picture of the tesseract.

"Howard found it, but it's recently been stolen from our facility. We need to get it back" Nick explains.

"Did he find anything else?" You ask hesitantly.

"That's not the issue here" Nicks says coldly.

"What else did he find!" You yell slamming your fist against the table.

"He didn't find anything else.. that's all he found." Nick explains. "What's with you?" He questions.

"Nothing it doesn't matter, who has it now?" You ask.

"Just read the file" Nick pleads.

You sigh as you read through the file. You quickly scan through the pages as you come across a face you thought you'd never see again.

"Loki?" You sigh.. "there must be some sort of mistake... Loki he.." you trail off.

"You know him?"

"He was... he was my ehm.." you trail off again.

"Your?"

"He was my friend... my best friend" you share, leaving out the former lover detail. Just to keep it less complicated. Looks like running from your past isn't an option anymore.

"Well looks like your friend has made quite a mess. Just like his brother did on earth a few years back" Nick explains

"Thor was here.. On earth..what is going on?" You stammer as you slowly walk to the kitchen pouring yourself a glass of water.

"You know both of them?" He asks.

"We grew up together... how could you not have told me!" You yell. This is far to overwhelming for you... you thought you'd never see them again.

"Well y/n, you're not really the most open person I know, and I respect that. All I know is what you've told me, which is that you're of Asgard, and the files on your... problem as you'd like to call it." Nick defends himself. "How should I have known you knew them"

"They're of Asgard, as am I" you say proudly.

"Which means you can help.. talk to him. Find out why he wants to rule above us." Nick smiles.