*pure lust*

"I brought coffee" you smile as you sit down next to him in the cafeteria. Handing him his usual order. A tall black coffee with a chocolate scone.

"Thank you very much" he smiles as he takes a big sip of his coffee, burning his tongue. You laugh subtly. He does this everyday. "Don't you have work to do?" He asks.

"The Russian mob isn't as time consuming as you might think" you grin.

"You don't seriously work for the mob do you?"

"You actually believed that oh my god" you grin.Stephen looks at you not amused. He's native language is sarcasm, yet he can't handle it himself. "I work for an organization called SHIELD" you share.

"Shield.. as in a shield?" He question.

"No.. not at all. It's an acronym"

"That luckily spelled out shield?" He scoffs.

"I didn't make the name, stop blaming me. You're just jealous you're hospital doesn't have a cool name" you tease.

"Oh what like sword?" He mocks.

"That's already taken unfortunately" you smirk.

"You know I can never tell when you're being sincere" he admits.

"You're one to talk" you laugh. "You're literally the king of sarcasm" you say as you take a bite of his scone.

"I'll take that as a compliment" he grins as he slaps your hand, taking back his scone.

You look at each other in silence for a while. Both of you hiding your smiles. You had to admit the more time you spend with him the more find you had gotten fond of him. He made you laugh.. he knew about you, and he wasn't weird about it. He just understood.

"What are you doing tonight?" He suddenly asks.

"Depends who's asking" you smirk, you love annoying him. He gets so flustered.

"I am"

"Uhhh then I'm really busy actually" you say awkwardly.

"I'm serious." He says.

"Me too.. I have like tons of things to not do"

"Fine forget it" he scoffs. Looking slightly disappointed.

"Im not doing anything" you say gently, as you playfully push him.

"I know, I just wanted you to say that" he smirks satisfied.

"Now is a good time to say I licked that scone after I bought it" you scoff.

"No you didn't"

"No I didn't"

You both laugh, you shake you head.

"Do you want to meet up later then? I get off at 9" he asks.

"Sure, I'll let you get back to work then" you say as you grab your jacket slowly walking off. "Bye Stephen" you say dragging out his name.

"Bye y/n" he smiles.

As you walk home, you feel happy.. and strangely relived. Your relationship with Stephen was so strange. Both of you had severe trouble committing to anything, and shitty at talking about your feelings. But you didn't have to try with him. You just had a mutual understanding that you didn't want to. So you joked around, just enjoying the company. Yet you had never hung out. You just brought him coffee on his breaks. But tonight you were actually hanging out. And you were kinda excited about it.

As the clocks strikes 9 you wait outside the hospital. You decided not to dress up. You just came as yourself. Stephen would probably be smelly and sweaty anyway so why bother.