History repeating itself

"Welcome once again lady Idundottir" a deep familiar voice greets you.

It takes a second before your eyes adjust to the light. As soon as you see him, you give him a warm hug.

"Heimdall.. I've missed you" you say softly. "So what exactly seems to be the problem?" You ask.

Everything seemed normal, like it used to be.

"Why don't you have a look outside" heimdall gestures.

You turn around, looking out over your home. And then you see it, and yes it wasn't war and destruction you were looking at.. it was much worse. A ginormous bronze statue in the middle of the city..

You roll your eyes, as you look back at Loki. He tries desperately to hide his smile.

"This is a joke right?" You huff.

"Oh no it very real.." Loki chuckles satisfied.

"You build a statue of yourself?" You ask.

"No.. of course I didn't build it. I'm not a savage" Loki scoffs. "Asgard build it for me"

You turn to look at Heimdall. He shakes his head.

"Why?" You ask, crossing your arms.

"Loki here even blindsided me for a while.. it wasn't until Thor came back a few weeks ago , we realized he in fact was disguising himself as Odin.. ruling Asgard, bringing the people to their knees for him" Heimdall explains.

"You kept that up for a whole year?"

"You already knew my lady?" Thor asks.

"You didn't?" You ask shocked. "Loki posed as your father in front of me.. when he took me back home he promised he would make things right" you explain. "But of course... it was just another one of you devious lies"

"Y/n-"

"Just stop Loki.. I've heard enough of your broken promises.." you hiss.

Loki looks down, taking a step back.

"So what exactly do you need me to do here?" You ask. Crossing your arms.

"I need you to track down my father" Thor says nervously.

"No" you say quickly, without thinking about it. "Not happening"

"Please.. we need you. Asgard needs you" Thor says softly. Placing his gentle hand on your upper arm.

"How would I even do that.." you sigh. "Why doesn't he know?" You ask, glaring over at Loki.

"I just don't okay" Loki says.

"Right.. more lies?" You spit.

Loki shrugs, as he shakes his head. "I'm not"

"Y/n you're the only remaining wielder of Seiðr in Asgard" Thor explains. "I already lost my mother.. I cannot loose my father too" Thor adds.

"I don't use magic anymore Thor.. I don't understand it, and I don't want to understand it" you admit.

"I told you" Loki mumbles.

"What was that?" You hiss, turning around facing him.

"Nothing" he smiles.

"What did you say!" You say more firmly.

"I already told Thor you were of no help.. you're to scared to learn the truth about yourself.. that it might give you a reason to stay.."

You walk up to him, looking up at his eyes.. god you wish you were taller than him right now.. the way he looks down at you, doesn't help the situation.