I miss her

You wake up feeling a lot better than you expected to. You are starving but overall you feel good, you were alive and breathing so the surgery couldn't have gone that terrible. You look down at you arm, it's covered in gaze and bandages. But you can feel some sort of sensation, not as you used to, but something was better than nothing.

"You're up" the nurse smiles, as she walks in with a tray of food and medications.

"Yeah" you sigh deeply, and for the first time in weeks you sit up by yourself.

"The surgery was very successful, we were able to repair all the broken nerves in your hand, except for the tip on the little finger." She explains as he hands you the tray. "Theres no telling exactly how long it will take for you to regain the use of your hand, but you will need rehabilitation in order for the healing process to go smoothly"

"Alright when can I start?" You ask eagerly, you were done sitting around waiting for miracles.

"We'll remove your bandages tomorrow morning, but we would recommend you stay in bees for about week"

"A week?" You ask disappointed..

"Y/n with the amount of trauma your body has been through, you need to take it slow. Mr Stark, told us about your condition, but you need to take it slow now okay?" She says softly.

"I know.. thank you"

"You can of course go home tomorrow after we take off your bandages. Will give you the medications you'll need, and a sling for your arm. Then you'll start the program next Tuesday, four times a week for at least two months alright ?"

"That's perfect.. thank you so much for everything." You smiles softly.

"Of course, now eat your dinner."

You nod your head, as you finish up the food, and take the pills. They made you extremely tired, but there wasn't much to do at the hospital but eat and sleep anyway.

Once you wake up again, Its still light outside.. you feel like you've slept forever. Looking down at your arm you see the bandages removed. Revealing your scared hand. You concentrate hard, clenching your eyes together, as you try to move the fingers. And just like that a few very subtle movements happen in your fingers. Slightly turning your hand from one side to the other, you can't help but cry in relief. Your hand.. it was okay.

"That's incredible" the nurse exclaims as she looks at your hand movements. "It's only been two days since you had surgery and you're already moving your hand" she smiles.

"It works" you whimper softly. "I can feel my hand"

"This hospitals very own miracle" she smiles at you. "You have some visitors"

You furrow your brow as you turn to the door, watching as everyone is gathered in the hallway, with balloons and flowers. With a big smile on their faces. You face glows up as you see everyone.. Loki, Thor, Tony, Nick, Steve, Clint, Maria, Stephen, Wanda, Bucky, Sam. Everyone.

"Surprise" they all yell excitedly. Cheering for you.
Loki walks to your side placing a gentle kiss on your hand.

"Thank you guys" you say quietly. They were all here just for you, to take you home.

And for just a little while you don't even think about the hell you've been through. The countless of procedures, all the medications, the pain. You sit in the living room, watching as everyone laughs and have an amazing time. Loki sitting by your side holding your hand. Yet everywhere you look you search for her face. It's like magically everyone moved on, and once again you're stuck..

"I need a minute" you whisper to Loki, as you get up to get some fresh air.

You walk down to the lake, sitting by the bench starring out onto the water.