The Meeting 1

CHAPTER ONE

The Meeting 1

Betsy scowled at her personal assistant Shola;
"Margaret did what?"

Shola took a deep breath and repeated himself, "She was caught using drugs at the Mala's party, and the pictures were leaked to the public by a disgruntled waitress who had been fired because she served Margaret with the wrong silverware."

Betsy took a deep sigh, "Are all of my grandchildren incompetent? Or did I fail as a matriarch?"

Shola thought to himself that if she had spent more time with the children instead of the business, maybe they would not have grown up to be such arrogant, spoilt assholes.

"I don't think it is any fault of yours ma'am, sometimes the only thing we can do for our children is let them go so they learn by themselves." Shola remarked earning another glare from Betsy.

"Did I ask for your opinion?" Betsy asked icily.

"N... No ma'am, I am sorry." Shola bowed his head.

"Do you think if their parents had been alive, they would have turned out better?"

Betsy took her glasses off and crossed her legs while she stared at Shola who kept quiet.

"Do I not even deserve an answer now?" Betsy raised a corner of her small yet full lips.

"N..No... Ma, that is not what I meant, I.. I was trying to ... I don't know what would have happened to the children and I don't think it is wise to dwell upon the past, we should look to the future instead."

Shola blurted out.

Betsy smirked at him, "At this rate, I doubt there would be any future left. Four grandchildren and one adopted child, yet not one of them are worthy to be the heir to this empire. Margaret is ruthless and smart but she is too self-centered and arrogant to see the big picture, Felix is so certain he would be heir that he is so carefree and nonchalant, I have never seen anyone so lazy and obnoxious, I can't even think about him without having a headache. Don't get me started on Annie and Bernie, their mischievousness knows no bounds, they are afraid of nothing and everyone else eats out of their hand, they are the terror of Saint Meen School, and Kelvin is too timid to do anything probably because of the adopted thing he has going on. He doesn't have enough self-esteem for himself, how will he be useful for anything, anything at all!"

Shola sighed with her although all he wanted to do was sleep, but wouldn't be able to do anything as long as the "green witch of Ballan's castle" is up, that is what he called her in his head.

"Are you useless to me too Shola? Am I just wasting my resources on you as well? Prove to me that you are not and give me an idea, something that would unbalance the scales and bring those children to their heels" Betsy stood and walked around the room very calmly.

Shola cleared his throat...

"What about Miss Simi's boot camp? The Connells sent Mr. Jason there last year and I hear that he is quite the gentleman at the moment."

"I am not an animal and I would not send any of my children to that hellhole, Miss Simi is one of the most ruthless woman I know, she broke her son's hand to stop him from smoking. She breaks those children and remolds them into creepy little robots. Maybe it would not be a bad idea to send you there, I could use a creepy little robot." Betsy threatened Shola.

Shola rolled his eyes on the inside, "I very much like me like this but thank you for the generous offer ma'am."

"How did you make your child to be so well behaved despite being raised in such poor environment?" Betsy's pipe is lit and her slim round fingers curled around the stick as she inhaled deeply.
Shola wondered why she is still alive with such habits...