Compromise

CHAPTER EIGHT

Compromise

Koruna sighed and stared at Kelvin, she shrugged “Nope, I do not want to be Queen especially of those people. It just means more headache but I am flattered by your offer.”

“I always knew your gentleness would come as a knife in the neck.” Annie said to Kelvin.

Kelvin smirked at her… “I just happen to learn really fast.”

“You have only known her for one day.” Bernie reminded him.

“She is quite popular in the flames, I probably know her better than you two. The stories I have heard… They have to be exaggerated, I mean you are just a little girl.” Kelvin said.

“Hmmmm… You don’t know me, you know about me from the whispers and stories but I commend your efforts and contacts.” Koruna said to Kelvin.

“I am in possession of many secrets that could help you not be a pariah at school, I am disappointed that you don’t want my offer.” Kelvin admitted.

Koruna chuckled… “Oh, don’t be… when I need something, I will come to you and we can make a fair trade. “

Koruna dragged Flora out of the room with Bernie sneaking looks at Flora.
When they were alone, Flora cleared her throat.

“Just say it!!!” Koruna exclaimed.

“Flank got into trouble with the authorities, he was caught amongst by Counsellor Buhar’s men for graffiti, he painted Buhar as a thief and a liar especially since he is using being from the Flames as a way to win votes. No one knows him as well as we do but his speeches and charm is winning everyone over, at this rate… he would win the ministerial election.” Flora continued.

“Since when do we care about politics?” Koruna asked puzzled.

“Flank got it into his head that history is corrupted by those in power and since we have been idle, his hobbies include graffiti at public spaces poking fun at Buhar and the Elites. The elites haven’t heard about him because it is the Flames but nothing I say to Flank works. You are the only one that could talk to him, how about coming down to the cave and saying something to him if he ever comes out of Buhar’s hands alive.” Flora sighed.

Koruna groaned… “Buhar would never let him go, his ego and lack of empathy won’t let that happen. Why did you not go straight to the point? Talk to him my ass, you want us to break him out of Buhar’s hold.”

Flora smiled “Same difference.”

“Do you have some sort of shame at all?” Koruna shook her head.

“I do have and that is why I couldn’t ask that from you out loud.” Flora pulled her hair.

“I know! I know! Our motto is to let everyone fend for themselves but come on Koruna, It is Flank, for all we know, and he might be dead.” Flora begged.

“When was he taken?” Koruna asked.

“Late last night.” Flora answered.

“He is still alive then, Buhar likes to play.” Koruna growled.

“Where are the others?” Koruna asked.

“They are in Blue balls waiting…” Flora grinned.

“Do we even have a plan?” Koruna smiled with her.

“That is why we need you and Lola’s plan is just a bunch of philosophical mumbo jumbo bullshit.” Flora shivered at the memory.

“She said to treat the men with kindness, didn’t she?” Koruna laughed.