Hazing

Chapter 4
Hazing

Koruna grinned sweetly at Bernie and walked away from them, Shola showed her to her room,

“I know you can handle them but it is always best if you ignore them.” Shola advised.

Koruna whistled as she took in the sight of the room… “It is alright, they won’t leave me alone and frankly I find it better than being ignored. I have wanted to say this, thank you for everything so far.”

Shola cleared his throat in embarrassment; “I only did that because I was ordered to”

Koruna looked at him knowingly but decided to let it pass.

“Dinner is at 7, your uniform and other necessities are already in the room, you will start at St. Meen’s school tomorrow, and Matriarch Betsy has decided that you would study Business studies as your main focus but you are free to pick any other departments as your minor.” Shola continued.

Koruna chuckled, “So I don’t even get a choice in that, I suppose I should be grateful. Did you say uniform? What kind of university students wear uniforms?”

“The kind here, you never really went to school officially but you have shown promise according to the reports, you are apparently good at Math and psychology. I strongly believe you would do well here” Shola remarked.

“H..how… W..hat?... Never mind.” Koruna gave up, after realizing that they have been investigating her longer than she thought.

“I have no official documents yet I have an automatic admission into the school, it must be great to be a Ballan.” Koruna smirked.

“Of course, with the amount of money we donate to that school, they should crawl when we ask.” Shola replied with as much sarcasm as he could mutter.

Koruna’s eyes twinkled with mischief as she stared at Shola; “Okaaay, since we have established that you are not my father, are you single?”

“Why? Am I not too old for you?” Shola took a step back.

“Age is just a number” Koruna winked at him.

Shola sighed… “I have a daughter who is almost the same age as you, my wife died a long time ago and I can confidently say I know you best in this building so I can tell when you are joking which is nearly all the time.”

“Cool” Koruna answered.

“That my wife is dead?” Shola raised his brow.

Shola was an attractive slender man with thick brows, the gesture was made more dramatic than the usual.

“I see, you have jokes too, for context, I meant that you have a grown daughter, the bit about your wife is sad I guess. You don’t have to be wary of me, I won’t bite… not you at least” Koruna stretched her arms.

“After dinner, you can take a walk around the castle so you get used to it. This is your new home, welcome home Miss Koruna Ballan.” Shola said and shut the door behind him.

Koruna relaxed and called Flora regarding her move to the castle. There was a bell being rung just after Koruna had her bath, she changed into an oversized shirt and shorts with her hair up which emphasized her neckline and big eyes.

A lady in a cleaner’s uniform led her to the dining hall, everyone else was seated except for Betsy, and Koruna sat at the empty seat across Margaret. Betsy walked into the room in a flowy but simple gown, Koruna saw that everyone else was dressed seriously when compared to her. Everyone also stood up until Betsy sat except for Koruna who wondered what the big ceremony was for when it was just dinner.