Undercover

Chapter 27
Undercover

They were led through a back door where staff was allowed, in addition to the mid-length black dresses, they had to wear a mask for their protection as well as the clients. Gichaan had changed so much from the last time Koruna was there, it had been redone to be bigger with upgraded equipment. Everyone wore a mask, the clients had a fancier mask that covered the upper parts of their face with only their eyes visible while the servers had their lower parts covered that is their nose and mouth.

The servers had similar
hairstyle, their hair was tied neatly with not a hair out of place. They were not allowed to talk to the clients, their job was to serve drinks, food and whatever was ordered. The VVIP clients had their personal servers for the entire night, Koruna and Lola were part of the general servers, and the club was filled with different colors of light that changed with a particular rhythm. The illumination was dusky, it only provided enough light to walk around but not enough to identify the person next to you.

The general room had an open stage that had clients waiting for a show, people were still arriving and getting settled. Koruna assumed that the stage was probably for strippers and dancers, she tried looking at suspicious areas for information when classical music started playing. She laughed at the absurdness, this was a club and one would expect pop or Afro music to be played, this was beyond hypocrisy. When the music started, a young lady in a brown silk robe came onstage. She walked in to the stage with grace and elegance, she dragged a chair with her as she swayed to the rhythm of the music.

Koruna had never seen anything as smooth as the way her body moved, she showed parts of her body in sets, never everything at once. From a part of her legs to the cleavage, she kept you thirsty for more, she was entranced in her movements. The lady was also masked like the clients, she released her hair and it fell with grace, she could hear some of the men sigh, Koruna noticed that it wasn’t only men that were seated but there were some women in their midst whose focus was also on the  dancing lady.

When she was done, she sat on the chair with her legs crossed, then a tall, slender man came on stage and said to the mic “Bidding starts now.”

Koruna watched as people held up the board in their hands and bid against each other, she muttered to herself “Oh, this is just prostitution with class, not bad at all.”

The bid went on until someone won and the lady followed the client to another part of the show. The auctioneer left the stage and jazz music started playing, this time a small curvy woman came out with a short glittery dress. She was cheerful with her eyes that showed promises, her movements were sometimes sharp, teasing and sometimes her hips moved in ways Koruna thought wasn’t possible. The more she watched, she understood how people’s sexuality can be different yet have different levels of attraction. Koruna was about to continue her search when the next person came up and it was a man.

The man was dressed in a well fitted suit, soul music played in the background when someone tapped her and told her to serve some clients wine, she found another place to blend with the shadow and watch the man. He had confidence that every move he made had an impact in the room, he slowly removed his bow tie, released each button slowly from his neck, Koruna followed his every move, he stopped just when he got to his chest. He smirked and removed his jacket, immediately a woman in the audience raised her board to bid which made him chuckle deeply, suddenly there were different hands with boards in the air bidding on him even before the auctioneer made his way to the stage.

“Wow” Koruna whispered.

“Wow indeed.” A voice whispered in her ear which made her jump, she looked at the person and saw that it was Lola.

“Don’t tell me I have been looking for anything suspicious while you were here drooling at men!”

“Okay, I won’t tell you.” Koruna replied.