Negotiation

Chapter 25
Negotiation

Koruna slept shortly on R’ao’s chest after which he sneaked out before the light of day.
She woke up and giggled when she remembered what had happened the night before, the more time she spent with R’ao, the better she understood him. Earlier, she had been stressed and doubtful about sleeping even with the intoxication before she saw him and all her worries disappeared but everything came back with the morning sun.

She was going to meet up with her friends and decided to take them to the Lither hall for brunch, she laughed at the word "brunch" that popped up, who knew she would ever use such words.

Koruna drove her bike which she had named Chitah, they had been waiting for her outside the hall. She frowned and wondered what had happened.

“They refused to let us in, apparently the likes of us aren’t welcome in Lither hall.” Flora explained.

“Common, let’s go.” She led them inside and was confronted by the manager.

“They cannot be allowed into this place, I suggest you try another restaurant.” He said with a smile that annoyed Koruna to the core.

“That is quite strange.” She took in the tone Shola did when he talked to her, bossy yet polite with a touch of sass. “Considering this place is owned by the Ballans, are you telling me that I can’t get a table, could you tell me why?”

The manager’s eyes narrowed at her “The likes of you are…”

“What are the likes of me?”
He shed off the smiling exterior and glared at her.

“You know exactly what I mean.”

“No, I don’t. Please enlighten me.” She folded her hands.

“They are not the kind of people we serve, this is a reputable place with an esteemed clientele. I did not want to say this but even a fork in this establishment can buy her entire attire.” He pointed at Lola who snickered.

“We should have just gone to the blue balls.” Telilah muttered.

Koruna smirked at the manager… “This is a business, is it not?”

“Yes but…”

“If we can pay for whatever we eat, what does it matter what our dresses cost?” Koruna raised her brow.

The manager chuckled in a condescending manner “I doubt that you would be able to afford water.”

The manager narrowed at her “The likes of you  are not the kind of people we serve, no offense but you and your friends need to find another place to eat, I could recommend few places that would suit your... type.”

“You are quite … rude.” she smiled wryly at him as she gave him her card.

He staggered backwards and gasped out loud in panic “I didn’t know… I… I”

“Cannot complete sentences?” Flora snickered.

He apologized to Koruna, she rolled her eyes "not just to me, to them also."

He bowed and continued to apologize until he led them to a private room. Koruna knew what it looked like, she had forgotten for a second where she came from and how people looked at them especially from this part of town.

The manager continued to bow and apologize profusely to her and her friends, she kept a stony look all through until he called a server for them.

“No, why don’t you take our order and serve them as an apology? You did say that you cannot serve the likes of us.” Koruna said with the same kind of smile he gave her.