Making plans 1

Chapter 42

Making Plans 1

“I want to do you.” R’ao chuckled when Koruna rolled her eyes at him.

“Of course, I am very… Doable.” She smiled softly at him.

Koruna cleared her throat, R’ao stood to get her a cup of water which she drank and thanked him. R’ao settled into the chair next to her instead of climbing back to the bed, he wanted to be able to look at her well. It was strange, he counted himself as one that was good at reading people but with Koruna, he had no idea what went on in her head. It was intriguing as well as it was frustrating.

“Should I assume he’s dead?” Koruna dropped the cup on the small desk beside her.

“He’s dead.”

“So you know who did this?” She sighed.

“I do.”

“Tell me.”

“I need you to fully recover then I’ll tell you everything you need to know.” R’ao said with a note of finality.

Koruna scoffed and laughed without humor, “You are a pretty face R’ao without a doubt. I will find out even if you don’t tell me but you should. I was the one that was kidnapped and played with by a broken boy so R’ao, have fun with your secrets.” She turned to the other side and covered herself with the blanket.

“A…are you angry?” R’ao asked unsure of how to proceed, Koruna ignored him and pretended to be asleep.

“Kor.” She refused to answer, she had a bunch of words to tell him and none of them pretty and she didn’t want to ruin whatever improvements in their relationship they just made.

“Koruna, Kor…, Runa” He said trying to coax her to answer.

She perked up when she heard him call her Runa, she turned and looked at him; “Just so you know, Ati calls me Runa. He thinks it suits me, guess what it means, mighty strength. He doesn’t think of me as a fragile girl incapable of making rational decisions and just in case you don’t know who Ati is, he’s the one I danced with at your engagement.” She grinned at a glaring R’ao and turned her back on him.

R’ao blinked, “That was a low blow Kor, a very low blow. Very childish too at that, what was your intention? Were you trying to make me jealous because I did not want to add to your troubles, Koruna! You nearly died!!!”

She sighed and looked back at him, he thought that she would see reason with his decision but she just rolled her eyes at him and turned again.

“Ati huh, is that the type you usually go for?” He said with venom in his voice.

Koruna smirked and looked back at him, “You are jealous. For someone who is supposed to be without feeling. You sure do feel a lot.”

R’ao frowned confused; “Were you testing me?”

She shrugged, “I didn’t lie though.”

R’ao stared at her speechless, “What is wrong with you?”

“Where do you want to start from? Broken ribs, split lips, fractured bones, emotional scar, boyfriend with psychopathic tendencies, life in danger, I could go on but take your pick from these few.” She smiled in a way that did not reach her eyes.

R’ao growled, “I thought it didn’t bother you.”

“It doesn’t.”

“But you just said…”

“It’s called sarcasm. Look it up.” She adjusted herself in a way that they were looking at each other. “It’s not like I can do anything while I’m like this. See it this way. Giving me an object to focus on can motivate me into getting better.”