Outside World 1

Chapter 68
Outside World 1

“What do you think Koruna is doing at the moment?” Flank asked while playing with a tennis ball and lying leisurely on a couch.

Flora thought about it, “Probably giving someone hell.”

“Or being in hell herself, she is not invincible. For all we know, she could be dead.” Lola muttered in response, she was worried about Koruna.

“I think death would reject Koruna, I mean c’mon… who would want her in hell? Imagine how annoyed she would make the devil.” Telilah said with amusement.

“I am sure the Devil has met worse people, it is hell.” Flora argued.

“I am getting her bike if she’s dead.” Flank announced,

Flora slapped his forehead.
“Ouch!”

“What have you learned?” Telilah asked Flank.

“Nothing much, it’s strange. People are always quick to tell me things but everyone went all hush when I mentioned the island. There is something there but we cannot get any information from normal people.” Flank answered.

Flora sighed, “There is only one person here that can make people that afraid of talking.”

“Jonathan Reeves.” Lola and Telilah say at the same time.

Flank groaned with frustration, “We have to stop avoiding him at some point, I mean in some ways we have Ati as an ally.”

“No… We don’t know him like that, just because he is a friend of a friend doesn’t mean we can trust him.” Lola shook her head.

Flank argued, “What other choice do we have? Are we supposed to leave Koruna defenseless?”

“She’s not alone.” Flora said.

“She might as well be, they are both stuck in a place where help can’t come when they are in trouble, you know Koruna. When is she never in trouble?” Lola sighed deeply.

“Koruna isn’t Flank, she will lay low.” Flora said and there was an exchange of looks, she busted out laughing, “Yeah, I heard myself. There is no way she isn’t in some sort of trouble. We have to choose a devil, I vote Ati. I think he would actually do something to help, I mean in a way Koruna helped him attain his new position.”

“Yes, after she tricked him into killing his boss.” Telilah reminded them.

“Koruna did not force him to do anything he didn’t already want to do, I mean… think about it, with someone like Buhar ruling you, surely you’d want him dead. Koruna just gave the much needed shove. This is beside the point, we want information, Ati can help us get what we need.” Flank defended his point, Ati operated very differently from Jonathan.
He had already found out about his mode of operation and it looked very straight forward. He paid his men on time, his territories were protected as with the people under him. There was no need for heavy collateral unlike Jonathan who would milk your worth until there was nothing left.

Flank was of the opinion that of the two, Ati was the lesser devil. Koruna had worked for Jonathan Reeves in the past, he had taught her a valuable lesson about trusting people.
Jonathan was too shady and he did not care about the people under him, Flank knew that he was no saint but there were limits to what he could do. Jonathan had no such limits, he was wicked, hard and completely off limits as far as he was concerned.

“Are we going with Ati? We have managed to keep our neutrality for long and that is why we have been left alone. Are we going to risk that?” Lola could not believe that they would be willing to trust a total stranger. In the Flames, trusting gunmen was a stupid idea. They are known as business men, they carry out contracts regardless of the faction, if they were to align themselves with Ati, which would mean taking Jonathan Reeves as an enemy. There is no love between them and Jonathan but he left them alone as long as they left him alone.