A Mess

Chapter Nine
A Mess

Koruna removed her mask and glared at Buhar and was very annoyed with Flank.

“Are you offering?” Flank asked with a toothy grin.
Koruna turned and punched him in the stomach, Flank groaned in pain and muttered.

“Okay, I deserved that.”
Koruna sighed again and looked at the guns positioned on her.

“Okay, are you showing off your guns or do you want to get to the point? I have to confess, I am flattered at the attention but at the same time, I wonder if I am worth it”

Buhar walked down to her and slapped her, Koruna growled and Flank glared at Buhar.

“That was for the farm, do you know how much effort goes into it?” Buhar scolded.

“Please spare me, you practically stole it from the people… I consider it service to the community and you will pay for that slap.” Koruna vowed.

Buhar chuckled… “I have to give it to you Kor, most people would tremble at the sight of danger but not you. You just get cheekier.”

“I aim to please.” Koruna spat out the blood from her cheek.

Flank moved closer to
Koruna with his eyes tied.

“I did exactly as you taught me, he was going to kill me and I had to think of anything to preserve my life.” Flank gave Koruna his excuse.

“And throwing me under the bus was your best bet?” Koruna drawled with sarcasm.

“It was either that or selling my body, you know I cannot handle living with one kidney or was it lungs? And you always find your way out of these things.”

Buhar directed Koruna to a seat and the men lowered their gun.

“I heard that you have struck fortune, who could have imagined, the worst of the litter being one of Ballan’s seeds, how does it feel?” Buhar sneered.

“Like it is Christmas every day.” Koruna smiled.

“I guess you need to be treated like royalty now. Men bow… for our princess is here.” Buhar said in mockery and his men laughed with him.

Koruna smirked and crossed her legs… “Yet, I do not see anyone bowing.”

Buhar frowned and tried to hit Koruna again, Koruna held his hand.

“First one wasn’t free, and I don’t need you to add another bill to your tab.” Koruna warned.

Buhar’s men pointed their guns again at her, she raised her hands and smiled softly at them.

“Easy boys, I know you are eager to use your guns but careful there; you might hurt yourself.” Koruna said slowly.

Buhar smirked… “You need a lesson in being a woman, haven’t you been taught at your new home? A woman is supposed to serve the man but look at you, a disgrace to your culture and ancestors. A good riding and sucking would straighten you out.”

“You fucking bastard!!!” Flank hissed out loud but the butt of a gun from one of Buhar’s men was used on him which made him scream out in pain.

Koruna frowned and stared at Buhar for a second and laughed dryly. “Usually when men talk like this, it is because they are trying to overcompensate for something… Tell me, when you talk about riding and sucking, were you referring to yourself? It is alright. I don’t judge.”

Buhar flared and slapped Koruna again.

“Listen to me you dumb privileged daughter of a pig!” Buhar took a deep breath to calm himself.

Koruna stared at the big boned man in suit and her heart twisted in anger. Buhar adjusted his tie and tried to gain an air of superiority over Koruna which made her chuckle.

“You obviously want something from me, instead of wasting both our time… Why don’t you speak up” Koruna said.

“Patience is a virtue for everyone.” Buhar nodded to himself.

Koruna looked at him confused and sighed.

“Or you could just kill me with boredom…”

“I need you to get your wealthy grandmother to endorse me.” Buhar said in a breath which led to silence in the building for about thirty seconds.

Then a laughter came high, pitchy and loud, it came from Koruna who laughed like Buhar had lost his mind.