Rivals

Chapter 45
Rivals in love

Koruna chuckled in her head at the thought of two men with feelings in the same room. Both different as they were similar, she liked Ati as a person but her heart did none of those things it did when she was with R’ao. In retrospect, it would have been safer to be with Ati since there was no way she could get her heart broken in the way she suspected R’ao could. Their presence distracted her from the nightmares she had almost every time she closed her eyes, she still had the thought that she was forgetting something important and it was frustrating how she couldn’t figure out what it was.

Ati had heard all about R’ao and how he had rescued Koruna, he wasn’t completely surprised since he had suspected it since the engagement party. Other men might give up because of this simple fact but he had not gotten to where he was by kindling his thumb and waiting for everything to be handed to him. He was going to steal Koruna away and it wasn’t going to work out between them anyway. He knew all about R’ao and his ways, his reputation was something of legends if he was to go by the rumors he had heard about him even in the Flames. Maybe he was crazy and over his head but he couldn’t give up until he had tried his best.

Ati had punished himself for not discovering Jason’s plans and saving Koruna but as long as there was life, there was hope. He would not despair, he had access to opportunities that R’ao didn’t even if it wasn’t a fair match, and he would give his all.
“How did you get in here?” R’ao asked him in a low tone.

Ati smiled cheerfully as he gave Koruna the flowers, “Through the door.” 

“And my men allowed you walk in?” R’ao asked him casually.

“There wasn’t much of a choice required, hope you don’t mind that they are at the moment indisposed.” Ati met his glare without fear.

R’ao wasn’t rattled by what he implied, he could confirm what he had always suspected. He had a mole and would soon deal with it after he was done with him.

“I am sure they will be alright as long as you didn’t spill any blood.”

“I wouldn’t, I am a perfect gentleman.” Ati sniggered.

Koruna watched the entire exchange amusedly, “When you two are done measuring whose penis is bigger and braiding each other’s hair, I will be here.”

R’ao frowned at her annoyed by that prospect, Koruna held his hand and grinned, “Relax, Ati is a friend.”

“I am beginning to think you use that word loosely.” R’ao murmured.

Koruna thought about it, “Maybe, maybe not.”

“You survived death again, impressive Runa.” Ati sat.

“It’s a hobby and one of my proud achievements. You don’t look bad yourself.” Koruna flinched at the way R’ao squeezed her hand.

“Did you feel better?” Koruna asked R’ao.

R’ao scoffed and sat on the other side of the bed, Oni was invisible as usual and watched the three of them with more interest than usual.

“How are you?” Ati asked in a more serious tone.

“Good, getting better every day. It doesn’t hurt when I breathe. Thank you for the flowers too although I don’t know what I can do with them.” She frowned at the beautiful flowers.

“I would not dare give you a living plant, rest easy.” Ati chuckled.

R’ao took in a deep breath, Koruna massaged his hand under the sheets and he relaxed.

“I am sorry for what happened to you, it shouldn’t have.” Ati continued.

“It’s alright.”

“Jason did not act on his accord, the Makuns were responsible for it. Precious herself left specific instructions regarding what should be done to you but the attack on you in the hospital was ordered by Moses Makun himself.” Ati said without preamble.