Coming Home

CHAPTER THREE

Coming home

Betsy laughed out loud at Koruna's agreement which startled everyone in the room. Shola visibly shivered and gave her a wide berth.

"I really thought you would have like a beautiful laughter and something that sounded less like a cackle." Koruna breathed.

Flora stared at Betsy like she couldn't believe that such a sound came from her, she palmed her chest and declared... "Do not ever do that again!"

Betsy smirked at them and shrugged. "Too bad, I changed my mind... You can waste your life in the hellhole of your choice."

Koruna raised her brow confused... "What? What?"

"You heard me, you can crawl back to wherever you think you belong. I told you, no one says no to me and after you agreed, I just lost my taste for it." Betsy handed her hat to Shola.

"W...Wow, she is crazier than you Kor." Flora clapped her hands in adoration.

"Is it okay if I started to worship you, you are my new Idol" Flow bowed at Betsy.

Betsy lifted Koruna's chin and smiled at her, "I am not your average woman, the next time you want to engage in a mind game, pick your match."

The waiter came with Koruna's meal, and completely ignored the mood of the room.

"I don't need you, there would always be other ways to get what I want. Enjoy your life Koruna, I haven't had this much fun in a while." Betsy left the room with Shola leaving behind her.

Flora picked her food and joined Koruna on the table, she grinned at Koruna and shook her head. "You finally met someone who could outwit you."

Koruna chuckled and took a bite out of the steak on her plate. Flora tried to take cut out of her food but her hand was slapped by Koruna.

Flora leaned back and watched Koruna's facial expressions, "You want to go now she said she doesn't want you."

"Yes, even though I know I would be doing exactly what she wants but I really want to go now that she says she doesn't want me and I know she does but... arrghhhh, this is driving me mad." Koruna moaned at the taste of the food.

"She got you bad!!! So when are we moving to the land flowing with milk and honey?" Flora pats her stomach that has bulged a little.

"We?" Koruna scoffed at her.
Flora chuckled... "You can't really trust anyone, can't you? You want to leave me in the Flames for a better life, how will I survive without you?"

Flora started crying dramatically.

Koruna ignored her and stared at the food in wonder,

"What is this? Nothing should be allowed to taste this good!!!"

"It is the Japanese Wagyu tenderloin with black truffle, mushroom and mashed potatoes. The Lither hall has the best chefs, I wish we could eat here all the time, the blue balls is just... the blue balls." Flora sighed.

"I see what you are doing, it won't work." Koruna continued with her meal and kept ignoring Flora's advances and pleas for a taste of her food.
...

Shola sat beside the driver as he talked to Betsy on their way home.

"Do you think she will come?" Shola asked.

Betsy smiled proudly, "Yes, she will... even if she knows that it is what I want, she would not be able to stand not having the last word."

"Like Charles?" Shola asked whimsically.

Betsy went quiet and answered with a whisper "Like Charles."
...