Not Again

CHAPTER 31
NOT AGAIN!

“I don’t understand why all of you had to come.” Koruna said to her siblings as they were all dressed up for Jason Bryn’s party. It was an 80s themed party which had them dressing in costumes, they had all decided to go for the party for reasons Koruna could not understand. The only people that knew why they were going was Margaret and Mariam. Bernie, Annie and Kelvin had an invite to the party and had decided to go along with them.

“It is not your party and the fact that you seem to be gatekeeping it makes me very curious. I am not one to go for parties where I am not the center of attention but I have heard glorious things.”  Bernie smirked at Koruna as he and Annie got into their own car and zoomed off to the party.

“Common, Mariam is waiting for us.” Margaret said to Koruna as Kelvin got into the back of the car.

“Go by yourself.” Margaret glared at Kelvin who fastened his seat belt and pretended not to hear her.

Koruna shrugged and got into the car, Margaret huffed and drove the car to the party where Mariam joined them at the entrance. From the outside, you could not tell what was happening except for the magnitude of cars parked, there were servants dressed in suits at the entrance who bowed as people got into the big house.

“What is the plan?”  Mariam asked when Kelvin left them.

“There is no plan, you two will party like you are supposed to and I will find my way around.” Koruna explained.

Margaret scoffed “We know this place better than you, it is like a maze in here and you would not be able to find your way without our  help.”

“I will manage.” Koruna grinned at them and tried to go her own way when a middle height young man  walked towards them with a cocky grin directed at Mariam who glowered at him. He was dressed like a gentle man and had a drink in his hand, he made an exaggerated bow at them.

“I see that you are still alive.”  He giggled at her.

Mariam got close to him “To your disappointment.”

“No, I can’t say that I am disappointed. It makes this more thrilling.” He licked her cheek.

Mariam raised her hand to hit him.

“Control yourself Mariam, what would your father say about you being so disrespectful to your future husband?” He chuckled.

“Probably the same thing he’ll say when he discovers that you tried to have me raped and killed.” Mariam growled.

He shook his head “You are so cute, very cute fiancée.
You went alone to a shady place, you drank all by yourself, I didn’t think you had it in you but you actually killed him. It makes me rethink the entire getting rid of you thing I have going in my head.”

Mariam widened her eyes and she looked at Koruna who avoided her gaze and looked around the party venue. “I killed no one and if you have nothing else to say fiance, I would like to quench my thirst unless you drugged every drink in here.”

“Oh no, I wouldn’t want your death to be traced back to me, I think it would ruin my plan to play the sad fiancé routine at your burial.” He took a good look at Koruna

“She’s new, please ignore my jabs, this is how we communicate. I am Jason Bry and you are?”

“Koruna.” She shook his hand, he kissed the hand while focusing his eyes on her.

“The new Ballan, I have heard a lot about you. Good things mostly, I am the host of this party, why don’t I show you around and leave the others to play.” He held her hand and excused himself from Mariam who gave him a piercing glare.