Into Two

Chapter 48
Into Two

Koruna could walk with crutches in the hospital, she was tired of seeing the same walls every day and had decided to take a walk around the hospital but everywhere she went, she was being followed by R’ao’s men. They refused to give her a chance to be by herself especially since Ati passed through. Koruna shuddered at the thought of what R’ao must have done to them, they have been overactive and sensitive since she came out of the room. She pitied them but she couldn’t stand those walls anymore. She took a deep breath and regretted it immediately, she was in an open space so she expected to take in a different scent but what she got was scents of spirits, disinfectants and drugs.

She had not taken the opportunity to look around before now, she saw how big the hospital was, a tree caught her attention and she decided to rest there for a while. Koruna was tired from the walking around, R’ao and Oni disappeared together which was a rare thing because either one or both of them were beside her and she was starting to get used to it. She was beginning to doze off when she was roused awake by a noise. She looked and saw that it was Precious trying to get through the guards R’ao put on her.

“It’s okay, you can let her in or out. I don’t know the words to use since we are outside.” She said to a confused guard.

“You can stand beside me if you want, I doubt she can do anything to me.” Koruna persuaded and he agreed but stuck beside her.

“Yooouuu!!!” Precious screamed.

Koruna smiled unfazed by the rage on her face, “Usually, I’m called Koruna but you works too. How may I help?”

Precious looked like she had just escaped an ordeal, her dress was torn, it looked like she’d been in a scuffle, “I know it was you.”

“You have to be more specific than that.” Koruna sighed out of boredom.

“You kidnapped me!!! You locked me in a cold dark place filled with all manner of things.” Precious exclaimed.

“Hmmmm, that is an interesting accusation. How can I kidnap you when I haven't left the hospital and why would I even need to do anything to you?” Koruna replied calmly with a smirk.

“You, the person said it was you!!!”

“I don’t know what you have been drinking, but I suggest you stop. It could hurt that pretty face of yours.” Koruna said sarcastically.

“I know your type, pretending to be innocent but I know how rotten you are underneath.” Precious fumed.

“Are you sure it’s me you are talking about, it seems to look like someone else. Are you projecting by any chance?” Koruna pointed her finger at her.

Precious leaned down to talk to her, the guard touched her shoulder and she slapped him, “Don’t you dare touch me!”

Koruna chuckled, “How were you able to escape then?”

“They released me.”

“Let me get this, you were kidnapped, told I was responsible then released and you came here to what? Confirm? Complain? Or threaten me? Which is it?” Koruna asked with a gentle smile.

The guard clenched his jaw but didn’t do anything to Precious when she leaned again, “I know it was you, why else would they mention your name?”

“You are not known for brains, I guess? Why would I need to do anything to you? I have everything I want including a man who you thought was yours. Isn't that why you needed so badly to believe that I am responsible for whatever it is happened to you?”

Precious scoffed, “Haven’t you learnt your lesson? Or do you need more done for you to get the message. I am not your class and I will never be and R’ao thinks for some reason, you are better than I am  that says much for his taste and not mine.”