Opposites attract

Chapter 18
Opposites Attract

“You are the one testing me with your stupidly strong arms, seriously… how often do you exercise?!”

R’ao chuckled deeply and refocused to their discussion… “The engagement party is just a front, I am not going to get married to her. My family is investigating the disappearance of some people from the flames and we suspect Precious family have ties to their disappearances." She frowned at him and tried to shake herself off him.

Rao tightened his hands on her and signaled at her to allow him talk.

"We cannot get any information from the outside but an engagement would allow them trust me. That way, I can get an inner working to their network. It is more than just the disappearance, they are leaving evidences around to suggest that we did it. We have had our share of ungodly deeds but we would never venture into human and sex trafficking. It is a big stain on our reputation.”

Koruna continued to stare suspiciously at him.

“Why are you telling me this?”

“You asked…”

“Well… I don’t know if I could trust what you are saying. I have reasons to suggest you people are okay with murder but draw the line at human trafficking.”

R’ao released her hands and tried to stand up because it was becoming increasingly uncomfortable with half of her breasts in his face. He had tried not to get distracted but he was only human.

“There is honor in killing certain people, but none in human trafficking. My family started from the flames. My grandfather has a certain pride in building this empire and he would rather die than become affiliated to sex trafficking rings. I am telling you this because I cannot stand the thought of you hating me but this is something I have to do." He groaned.

"I might ignore you in public or in the presence of my family. This… this is something that can’t be jeopardised.” R’ao released his hold on her.

Koruna discovered she could move and flipped him so she was sitting on him and he was on the ground.

“I cannot say I hate the view from down here.” R’ao said with a smile.

Koruna noticed his tired eyes and gave in to her emotions.

“Okay, I will trust you. You don’t have to tell me every single detail… The moment I see that there is any hint of lie in everything you have told me, know this… It will be over between us. I know I like you but I like myself more. A lot more.”

R’ao grinned and held her waist.

“Come here.” He groaned.

“No, I only take orders from Oni.” She grinned in mischief, R’ao pinched her waist.

Koruna giggled and leaned on his chest. He hugged her tight while his hands fondled with her bra.

“Don’t even.”

“I’m just a man.”

“Just a man, stop!”

R’ao smirked and carried her to the bed.

“I have to go…”

“Wait a minute.” Koruna snuggled closer.

“Kor… If I wait any longer, I might not be able to leave anymore.” He whispered to her ears.

“Fine… I just have a couple of rules for you and that Precious individual.”

“Rules?”

“Yes rules.”